Who ya gonna call? GB1 replica outfit

Mercifull

Halloween season approaches so its time for a new costume. I was watching the Ghostbusters series on TV last week and stood up and declaired "ya know what.... I'm going to be a Ghostbuster". My wife rolled her eyes at me and said "Ok" which I think is a sign of approval?... I'm not sure. Never understood women well.

I am imported into the UK a Tan Nomex Flight Flying Suit (CWU-27P) which I gather is one of the most screen accurate ones you can get. I sourced the best Ghostbuster "no Ghost" logo I could find in the UK which took quite a while as most were either too small or had a black border. The name badge in the correct font style has not arrived yet.

me.jpg noghost.jpg

I have got a white webbing Pistol belt from a local Army supplies store and I have some knee pads on order which I will need to convert into the grey elbow pads either with hand dye or just by spraying with primer.

MP-M36-White-Pistol-Web-Belt-WW2-210616-2.JPG 21002357_30.png

Lastly... for now at least. I'm getting a friend to 3D print me a leg hose connector. I still need to get some tubing and some belt clips.

Still to sort by October is the belt "gizmo". Theres a few people that make and sell resin replicas which need finishing with paint etc so I might go down that route. A real Sanyo ICC-808D isn't going to be an option for me.

A proton pack will happen... but probably not in time for Halloween as I sort of promised wifey we'd be going on a honeymoon in a few weeks!

You "sorta promised the Wifey a honeymoon?" Mate! You better do it, 'cause, if not, they'll be no GB1 proton pack for you in the near future:behave!!
Besides that, good start for now;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back