Showoff: My Rogue One Blue Leader General Merrick Costume

BobaFuss

image.jpg
I recently completed a replica of General Merrick’s Blue Leader costume from Rogue One which I debuted at Toronto Fan Expo.

VKZLke3.jpgVVcFulg.jpgCMKzPy3.jpg

I scratch-built the flight suit with a teal fabric, fully lined to give it the puffiness.

VvGLTZB.jpgHEujqCf.jpgLxjfVvg.jpgEf6eBg5.jpgie0K5uw.jpg

The commpad was 3D printed by someone else, painted by me

lo2NPJ1.jpg

Chest box made by Darth Hair, painted by me

Q5UwL3V.jpg

Leg flares were 3D printed by someone else. I made the holder. These are the same as the flares used in TFA

n4jYAIR.jpg

The flak vest was made by a friend of mine for an ANH pilot costume. I did some tweaking on it, including weathering it more beige, shortening the shoulder straps, and changing the under arm closures. I plan to redo this in a few weeks to make it more accurate, as there are a few differences between the R1 vest and the ANH one.

xqvQfBA.jpggGglMCs.jpg

Harness was made from pleated elastic I found online and dyed grey

aQL2AL7.jpg

The belt is the same roll-pin military belt used on the TFA pilots, with added silver webbing loops and air hose connector "mini flares."

The helmet was made by Darth Hair, painted by me

6WpFpSu.jpgH0AN6Iw.jpgt805aQP.jpgLJlpzhk.jpg

I have a more detailed build thread on the Rebel Legion forum, for anyone wanting additional information or images:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85671

Thanks for looking!

VKZLke3.jpg

VVcFulg.jpg

CMKzPy3.jpg

VvGLTZB.jpg

HEujqCf.jpg

LxjfVvg.jpg

Ef6eBg5.jpg

ie0K5uw.jpg

lo2NPJ1.jpg

Q5UwL3V.jpg

n4jYAIR.jpg

xqvQfBA.jpg

gGglMCs.jpg

aQL2AL7.jpg

6WpFpSu.jpg

H0AN6Iw.jpg

t805aQP.jpg

LJlpzhk.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is freak'n awesome!! this guy is one of the only reasons i watch R1. i really loved his character, sad to see him go. you did a excellent job sir, even down to the mustache!! :thumbsup

As much as I can't stand the sight of a rebel/resistance, you my friend did a fantastic job.
Hats off to you!
Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back