TLJ Graflex Rey/Luke saber EMPIRE magazine cover pic awesomeness.

Dagobah Don

Sr Member
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, or did I miss it?

s-l1600s.jpg

Hey Banquo Fett ! Don't sweat it, that's gonna get lost in time. Leave your thread here and don't delete it. It will be much easier to find this thread than it will be that post in that monster of a thread!

Here's the standard newstand editon cover...

Empire Magazine - October 2017 - The Last Jedi - Newsstand Cover - 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It annoys me that Luke doesn't have a more human looking hand like he did at the end of ESB and return.

I'm actually ok with this. As I mentioned in another thread, I see it as him keeping it as a reminder of how easily it is to be seduced by the Dark Side; like it was for him at the end of the throne room duel when he compared his mechanical hand to the mechanical stump of Vader's hand...

It annoys me that Luke doesn't have a more human looking hand like he did at the end of ESB and return.

Could be that being artificial, the skin doesn't stand up over years and years and has to be maintained from time to time. 10ish years on a deserted island, it wears down and the knicks, scratches, cuts, etc add up.

Well, I ran up to Barnes and Noble, and they didn't have the new issue out. "We get magazines on Tuesday but they don't go out until Wednesday. We also get magazines on Thursday, but they don't go out until Friday."

I also realized I missed the August 18-25 Entertainment Weekly, and that was one of those there-on-Wednesday affairs too, then forgot to go back on Friday, and of course they boxed them up and shipped them back already.

So, by the time I got home, feeling let down and a little miffed... I fired up the computer, spent the $44.95, and bought the last copy of the Subscriber's Edition from the eBay UK seller!

I sure hope it arrives in perfect condition!!! ...or I'll be really miffed. ;)

Now I just have to decide if I want to buy the Newstand Edition too, that is, if I can remember to check for it tomorrow!

When The Force Awakens came out the Empire mag was a hologram cover of Kylo Ren and I found it at Barnes and Noblr so zi hope I can get this one Too!

I think the whole mechanical hand issue went down at the Jedi Academy when Luke dug out a knife, shouted at a bunch of rebelious Padawan "This is what it means to be a Jedi!" Stabbed his arm "à la Terminator" drug the blade around his arm and peeled the flesh off of his twitching mechanical fingers. "This is what self sacrifice means. How much of yourself are you willing to give to the Force?"

Having seen this, those Padawans totally freaked out, left the Academy, and without guidance they turned to the Dark Side and became The Knights of Ren.

not to me, i like him stripping off the flesh to expose the metal. a constant reminder of how easy it is for him to slip over to the dark side...

Actually when talking about his hand not looking more human like I don't know how much more human-like it can get look at the skeletal structure to that hand looks very human-like to me. Now whatever they use for his flesh in the Star Wars Universe probably has burned off over time. Definitely would love a prosthetic prop of the hand.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Could be like any injury too, as time goes on, the person becomes more "ok" with it.
People at first, usually try to disguise things that make them look different than they should.
Scars are like a badge of honor that tell an important story in our lives.
Very important in Luke's case.
Robert

Well Gang, color me REALLY MIFFED!!!

My package arrived safe enough, I got all excited that my mailman hadn't folded it in half, and then I carefully opened it up and slid it out... to find that it was not a new copy at all and that with 17 fold marks in the front cover alone, not to mention the food/sweat smudge mark on the title, it had clearly been flipped through several several times.

Not something I want to frame and hang on my wall. :angry

Well Gang, color me REALLY MIFFED!!!

My package arrived safe enough, I got all excited that my mailman hadn't folded it in half, and then I carefully opened it up and slid it out... to find that it was not a new copy at all and that with 17 fold marks in the front cover alone, not to mention the food/sweat smudge mark on the title, it had clearly been flipped through several several times.

Not something I want to frame and hang on my wall. :angry

Eeeerrrr sorry to hear about that...

Hey halliwax ! And everyone else too,

The regular edition is out now! I picked my copy up from Barnes and Noble on my way home tonight.

Still fighting with the jerk on Ebay who sold me a used Subscriber's cover version. Ebay has found in my favor and told him he has to issue a full refund and pay for return shipping to get it back to him. Now he's saying "It'll be a lot longer for you to get your refund." Guess who's calling their credit card company!

Anywho, all this time and I still haven't looked in the magazine. I skimmed the regular copy at the bookstore to make sure the interior pages were O.K. but I've got a cold and my nose is running intermittently and without warning so I'm affraid to even be near it. I was doing alright lying down watching Star Wars on TNT, but turned it off when they switched to baseball. Crap, hold on... sorry, drainage issues. O.K. I have to go lay back down this runny nose is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reminding me, I’m heading out early tomorrow on a ride. I’ll see if my shop has one! Seriously thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back