Beast from 2017's Beauty and the Beast

Egon Spengler

Master Member
It took me more than 3 months to make this and at times it was a frustrating journey but it was worth it. I made everything you see here except for modified gloves which I purchased, painted and added new fur to, as well as the pants which were also bought, cut, sewn, and had a pocket removed from them. The mask, horns, shirt, legs and muscle suit were all made by me. If anyone has photos of me from Dragoncon, please post them here. :)

Christen Britt.jpgChristopher Magpusaocred.jpg

MattgomeryBurns: Yes but I can't remember if I was in costume or not when I did. I think I might have been but it's kind of a blur covered in sweat and being hot in my costume haha.

Tjack: Thank you!

Nismo: Thank you! :D The lady told me it would be there when she took the pic. I forgot about it after the con though haha.

Bluerage11: Thank you! :) Did you get any pics with me? :) I'd love to see them!

The 22nd was the 26th anniversary of the original animated film. I forgot to post more pics that day, so here they are now :)

conlife2.jpg jperez.jpg theageofgeeks1junerivas.jpg

The feet are not accurate but I made them that way for safety purposes. I may eventually remake the feet to better match the digigrade legs of the film. I did not want to take the chance of falling on my face at Dragoncon.

Oh wow! That's awesome! Thank you for sharing, and with your first post too :D Do you mind if I save it and post it around online? I'll watermark it with credit for you :) Just let me know what name you want on it if it's cool for me to use. Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot!

:)

View attachment 777900

I got a picture of you at DC on Saturday night. Impressive sir. Pictures do not do it justice.

Oh wow! That's awesome! Thank you for sharing, and with your first post too :D Do you mind if I save it and post it around online? I'll watermark it with credit for you :) Just let me know what name you want on it if it's cool for me to use. Thank you for the compliment! It means a lot!

You're welcome. I don't mind if you share it. My wife is pretty popular in NW Cobb Co already. ;) (Atlanta suburb)

It was her first time to ever cosplay and first DragonCon. I had to go out and buy her Jedi robes at the last minute and she was very excited to get a picture with you.

As for my first post .. yeah, I got burned out on forums/etc years ago and just now getting back to looking around.

Here was my 'beast' for DC2017 ..

20170902_141308.jpg

Thank you! Wow! Sweet costume!! :) I'm glad you both liked mine too! How long did it take to make yours? It looks amazing!! :)

You're welcome. I don't mind if you share it. My wife is pretty popular in NW Cobb Co already. ;) (Atlanta suburb)

It was her first time to ever cosplay and first DragonCon. I had to go out and buy her Jedi robes at the last minute and she was very excited to get a picture with you.

As for my first post .. yeah, I got burned out on forums/etc years ago and just now getting back to looking around.

Here was my 'beast' for DC2017 ..

View attachment 778350

Been a while and thought I'd share some more old photos of this costume. I worked my butt off on it.

I thought I'd share some more pics of my original version of the costume with the original horns I made.
brilanimagery1.jpg
kaylalacosplay1.jpg
Counse1.jpg
DiDi Cosplay & Photograph3.jpg

I have made newer, larger but more lightweight foam horns for it now. I also bought a live action version of his ballroom outfit. I'm really looking forward to getting new photos. I thought about making the ballroom outfit myself, but after already putting so much work into making the mask, horns, and muscle suit, as well as the original shirt and modifying pants for the version in these pics, I decided to just purchase it.

Newer pics coming soon!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back