Dragoncon 2018

Had to be down by the Marriott for a meeting and snapped this. 4 weeks!!!!!
011a3673b23f5318921b312fe3da0645.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first time to the east coast or at least that close....looks like its going to be a fun meetup....and yes still working on finishing up one of my costumes....wife and I are so looking forward to this!

I am unable to attend the meet up. I land at midnight on Thursday. Hope everyone has an awesome time on Day 1!

I'm attending the meetup

Will either be Rumspringa (yeah, I'm one of those you've probably seen scream rumspringa the last few years) or John Hammond.

I'm attending the meetup

Will either be Rumspringa (yeah, I'm one of those you've probably seen scream rumspringa the last few years) or John Hammond.

I have added your name to the attendees list on the first page. Please be sure to check back from time to time for updates on the main 1st page, as well as closer to the event.

There will be updates that you will need to respond to.

Thank you, We can't wait to meet you.

I'm in. (again) Costume yet to be determined. If you still have my avatar from last year, please use it for the badge, if not, let me know.

I have added your name to the attendees list on the first page. Please be sure to check back from time to time for updates on the main 1st page, as well as closer to the event.

Thank you, We can't wait to see you again.

The Facebook page says 8PM to 11PM. My plane lands just after 8PM, so there's a chance I could show up around 10PM and say hi. A bit earlier if I skip checking into my hotel. Zero chance of getting a costume on, but maybe I could bring a new prop to show. I managed to combine DragonCon with a business trip again, but that meant working in the Chicago area until Thursday afternoon, so there was no way to take an earlier flight. You might want to update the first post in this topic with the time, if it has been set?

Costume-wise, I didn't expect to come to DragonCon, so I have been really lazy on the costumes and props. I'm also limited to just one bag, so I'll probably just pack my Infinity War Black Widow (all new props and some new costume pieces) and if I can fit it, a trimmed down version of the Alex Danvers costume (sword, clothing, maybe some of the top exoskeleton, but definitely no room for leg pieces). I have a Star Wars costume and another Arrowverse costume in the planning stages with some components already bought, but nothing even remotely built yet - maybe next year!

So, I may be able to attend the meet-up and if it's not too late now, I'd be happy to obtain a badge.

Also: is there any interest on having maybe another meeting on some other day (like Saturday or Sunday or possibly on more than one day)? Thursday is nice for the main meeting because it's still so empty, air conditioning still manages to keep things cool and there are no conflicts with parties & sessions, but I know there are others like me who struggle to get to the meeting on time. It could just be a specific place and a 15 minute time window to see who shows up? I'd be happy to bring my camera, if people want photos of their costumes etc.

Also, if you do want photos of your costume, just send me a private message and we could meet & take photos.

So I fly all the way from Australia to the USA on these exact dates and it's in Atlanta? I'll be in LA. I can't catch a break haha

Spoon! I'm so sorry! I have lost my mind and just now realized Dragon Con is less than two weeks away!

Anyway...I'm attending the meetup.

Are we doing badges again? Do you need a donation or a photo? Sorry if I missed this info. Life has kicked me pretty hard lately, and my brain is not working terribly well most days.

I'm attending the meetup

Thank you, We can't wait to meet you.

Spoon! I'm so sorry! I have lost my mind and just now realized Dragon Con is less than two weeks away!

Anyway...I'm attending the meetup.

Are we doing badges again? Do you need a donation or a photo? Sorry if I missed this info. Life has kicked me pretty hard lately, and my brain is not working terribly well most days.

Thank you, We can't wait to see you again.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back