Dragoncon 2018

Well keep us posted, you still have 146 days, 19 hrs, 53 minutes....till it starts....

Argh. Too many other things keep getting in the way. I’ve got one complete costume to build with so many pieces that I’m going in circles. Another costume needs repairs from too much fun last year. At least Stephanie’s are all in good shape so no need for repairs. I’m actually glad she doesn’t want a new one this years as I’d never get my stuff done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as most cosplayer's do, not only procrastinate, but add more work to their plate.

So I haven't begun to physically work on any of my cosplay's. I have started to buy parts and items online for my costumes though, a few upgrades for older costumes. And I think I'm going to try and add two new cosplay's this year also.

If everything goes well, which we all know it never does, I will have 4 new costumes. If I'm able to finish them I will be bringing 7 costumes this year.

May the Force be with you all...

Just Do It...

10608597_2112946299486_3334680822758881106_o.jpg
tumblr_mrprmaRxT61rm1ypao1_1280.png
image.jpg

Screenshot_20180425-033334.jpg

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let us know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:

aracknoid3 - Avatar
(P) Carnet - Avatar
ichnob - Avatar

joshspiderman23 - Avatar

Lord Guinness - No Avatar
(P) MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar
mikid - Avatar
(P) mrbungle - Avatar
Nicochan - No Avatar
rfwheeler - No Avatar
RSteve - No Avatar
(P) StudioCreations - Avatar
(P) torsoboy - Avatar

Screenshot_20180425-033334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been upgrading my Black Widow to Infinity War and have a reasonably complete suit right now. I have two other cosplays in the planning stages, so there's a chance I might have something out of one of them before September if I start actual work soon. My odds of being able to come to Dragon Con this year have been dropping steadily though. I have tentative plans to to MCM in London in late May (zero chance of making a new cosplay before that, but that's OK).

The cancellation of the big Marvel & DC photoshoots was a bummer too. It was something I managed to miss in 2016 due to my poor trip scheduling, but the Marvel shoot was one of the top highlights in 2017. Maybe the photoshoots will be back in 2019 and 2019 may turn out to be easier for me. I haven't quite given up hope yet.

Got my rooms 2 months ago, just purchased Airfair, just purchased Georgia Aqurium Sat night tickets, now to work on my cosplay items....Looking forward to meeting up and enjoying this event

I land and will be at the hotel around 11pm on Day 0. Unless the meetup goes late, I do not think I'll be able to make it. :(

I land and will be at the hotel around 11pm on Day 0. Unless the meetup goes late, I do not think I'll be able to make it. :(

Which day are you arriving? On Wednesday Or Thursday? The reason I ask is because Thursday is now an official day, so Thursday is actually day 1 and Wed is day 0. Just would like to be clear. Thanks.

Which day are you arriving? On Wednesday Or Thursday? The reason I ask is because Thursday is now an official day, so Thursday is actually day 1 and Wed is day 0. Just would like to be clear. Thanks.
Landing Thursday. Didn't realize it's a five day convention.

It honestly depends. Thursday has always been badge pick up day. Only in the past 5-6 years have people arrived on Wednesday. And they're mostly those that live in ATL or live further away and want to make an entire trip out of it to see friends.

Last year was the first year where they actually sold Thursday badges only for the wrestling that took place that night with Ricky Steamboat (Rick Flair was supposed to be there, but he had a heart attack a few weeks prior). There wasn't really any other programming going on other than the newbie meetup and walkthrough that had previously taken place in past years.

Unless that changes this year, those are the only few things you'd be missing on Thursday. The meat of everything starts Friday morning, Wednesday and Thursday nights are for room parties and drinking and for the fan tracks to set up.

Going as my Luke Skywalker and my Starlord Long Trenchcoat crossover from GOTG 1 and Infinity Wars,,,,,,,,

HI. I have been a FB lurker of the RPF and just joined here. i forgot about the link I saved to this forum. I will try to remember that this is scheduled for Thursday. I will be in ATL on Wednesday. Currently I am trying to finish my Radio Controlled DRD. My Arduino is now giving me a headache but it is in the works. Hope to meetup!

HI. I have been a FB lurker of the RPF and just joined here. i forgot about the link I saved to this forum. I will try to remember that this is scheduled for Thursday. I will be in ATL on Wednesday. Currently I am trying to finish my Radio Controlled DRD. My Arduino is now giving me a headache but it is in the works. Hope to meetup!

Are you planning on attending the Meetup? Would you like your name to be added to the member attending list? Thanks let us know.

I on the meet up list already with my wife (mikid)

Haha, OK...Sorry about that I believe I was going to ask you when you originally posted your message but realized your name was already on the attending list. Apperently when I checked this time, I forgot to check the list prior to posting...haha...sorry about that...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back