Dragoncon 2018

I'm attending the meetup.

I have added your name to the attendees list, please be sure to check back from time to time for updates on the main page, as well as closer to the event. There will be updates that you will need to respond to.

Thank you, we can't wait to see you.

I almost splurged on the hard case badge holder for Dragon Con, but then I remembered that the meetups also give badge holders, which I like using to hold hotel keycards and photo op receipts.

Wow it’s quiet here. Crickets . Just a little teaser. Lots busted nerf guns donated to the cosplay stash in the shop. Wonder what I’ll come up with when I start modding these???
f9d16df0d1efe39d5c493e7ab8da221e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, It's been quite quite on here, I've tried engaging topics in talk but no one really joins in. I have posted the information about the meet up and this page on different groups on facebook. Hopefully more people will join in talking more, and also joining the meetup. Hopefully new and old.

Thanks for the trailer, MatrixSpoon ! I have seen and still appreciate the original anime movie,but this new movie is something else.CGI has really taken flight

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm attending the Meet up.

I have added your name to the attendees list on the first page, please be sure to check back from time to time for updates on the main front page 1, as well as closer to the event. There will be updates that you will need to respond to.

Thank you, we can't wait to meet you.

I'm out in California. A good friend attends DragonCon every year, has done so for many years, and has recommended that I go.

But wow- you have to buy your badge a year in advance? A post above said the cutoff was Sept 22 2017 for the Sept 2018 Con. Or am I misunderstanding something?

And from reading the posts above it looks like you need to book your hotel far in advance too.

So I might have to start planning for the 2019 Con. I have relatives in West Virginia that I visit and the 7 hour drive to Atlanta isn't too bad.

You don't have to buy your badge a year in advance, it's just cheaper that way. You can buy your 4 day badge (Probably 5 days now that they started selling Thursday tickets last year) at the door if you want. It's around $130-150. Single day badges are available as well.

The hotels are a whole different ball game. They're already all sold out, though there are FB groups where people will be looking to unload rooms if they can't go, or are looking for roommates. People drop off drastically through the year and rooms will randomly become available.

There are neighboring, much smaller hotels that may still have rooms available. You'll have to walk or see if the con's shuttle system drops off in their area. Most people room with friends that were able to score rooms. Marta is also attached to Peach Tree Center, which is attached to the two major hotels: The Hyatt and the Marriott. From there you can get to most of ATL. UBER or Lyft are also viable options, of course.

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let us know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:
aracknoid3 - Avatar
(P) Carnet - Avatar
ichnob - Avatar

joshspiderman23 - Avatar

Lord Guinness - No Avatar
MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar
mikid - Avatar
(P) mrbungle - Avatar
Nicochan - No Avatar
rfwheeler - No Avatar
RSteve - No Avatar
(P) StudioCreations - Avatar
(P) torsoboy - Avatar

Six months and counting. I haven’t made much progress on my new cosplays. I’ve got some repairs and upgrades to complete for at least one from last year. Too many irons in the fire. I’ve gotta start spending at least a couple hours each week on them if plan to finish in time. How’s everyone else progressing?

Six months and counting. I haven’t made much progress on my new cosplays. I’ve got some repairs and upgrades to complete for at least one from last year. Too many irons in the fire. I’ve gotta start spending at least a couple hours each week on them if plan to finish in time. How’s everyone else progressing?

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Haven't really made any progress on any costumes as of yet. Trying to get out of this funk, 6 months really is that all...Time to start focusing...

13062198_1736769466600200_2294878734697013539_n.jpg

Reminder we are having a meet up, if your name is not on this list, and you plan on attending the meet let us know that you are going to be attending...

Simply say: "I'm attending the meetup".

If things change and your unable to attend just send me a message to let us know to remove your name off the attending list...thanks...

Attendees:

aracknoid3 - Avatar
(P) Carnet - Avatar
ichnob - Avatar

joshspiderman23 - Avatar

Lord Guinness - No Avatar
MatrixSpoon - Avatar
max headroom - Avatar
mikid - Avatar
(P) mrbungle - Avatar
Nicochan - No Avatar
rfwheeler - No Avatar
RSteve - No Avatar
(P) StudioCreations - Avatar
(P) torsoboy - Avatar

Man it's been really quite on here this year. What's everyone up to? Has any one started or finished any of your new costumes for Dragoncon?

I am now unsure if I'll be able to make it to the meet-up, which I am very bummed about it. If my job can get a new hire to ease the load due to end of the month crunch time, then maybe. Otherwise, I'm looking at arriving after midnight, so very early day 1.

Which means I also miss the lobby Dragon Con day 1 countdown. :angry

I am now unsure if I'll be able to make it to the meet-up, which I am very bummed about it. If my job can get a new hire to ease the load due to end of the month crunch time, then maybe. Otherwise, I'm looking at arriving after midnight, so very early day 1.

Which means I also miss the lobby Dragon Con day 1 countdown. :angry

Well keep us posted, you still have 146 days, 19 hrs, 53 minutes....till it starts....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back