AMT-ERTL Millennium Falcon build from Peru....

Photo-etch is a great addition for the MPC model

The set the MMI does for the Fine Molds falcon has the similar high-relief. Definitely a nice tough

This may be off topic... but I just watched The Last Jedi yesterday and, without spoilers... omg that Falcon 1:1 set was terribly constructed, I just can not stand those proportions and lack of detail, it just look like a big toy. The one constructed for "Empire" was way better.

Pic:

a1fc01bb840736027f9d952fc10c79aa.jpg

(note: this is not an actual scene of the movie, so it is not a spoiler).

Last edited:
Well... I am coming back to this....

Tried to avoid it... but I could not stand watching those too tall sidewalls, so in a moment of madness and insanity... I disassembled my falcon, cut the height of the curved sidewalls, cut the height of the walls of the internal details (remember, this is the cutaway version) and developed a plan to scratchbuild the mandibles outer sidewalls. Yeah, yeah, I probably lost my mind :lol .

The fact is, I have set everything back in place now but the mandibles outer sidewalls, that now I'm scratchbuilding. I used a scan of the perfect grade booklet, printed at the correct size, attached on the new sidewall base, as a guide to place the new greeblies. Let's see how all this will end. Wish me luck.

Work progress so far.....

Middle zone almost finished, I used primer in order to appreciate the progress. I'm using kitbashed parts, wire and cardboard of different thickness.

Due to the limitations of the AMT cutaway kit beacuse the interiors, I can not shrink the height too much. It should be 1.5 cm height, but that would be too destructive for the interiors, so it had to be 1.7 cm. The original sidewalls are 2 cm height.

Well, nice improvement!

Fits perfectly in place

Now starting the wheathering process

The new height looks pretty nice, even with 2mm of height excess

Well, starboard mandible sidewall is completed.... now go for port side!

I made the same attempt with the side walls the 2nd and 3rd one, though you did a far FAR better job of it! I'm very impressed. Once I discovered the upgrade stuff though, I abandoned trying to mod the stock parts.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back