Antman from Antman & The Wast (2018) build!

AegidiusDesigns

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share with you my new project, I'll be tackling the Ant Man suit from Ant-Man and the Wasp, as the title indicated. It was originally going to be a Civil War Ant-Man build, but I think I'm going to go with this suit instead, since it seems to be a mix of the first Ant Man suit and the Civil War suit, with added details and pads and stuff.
I'd love people's help to analyse the suit and all the pieces and stuff.

antman-suitevolution.jpg

For the helmet, unless the Antman 2018 helmet is DRASTICALLY different from the Civil War (which I hope not, the Wasp helmet looks very similar in aesthetic to the the Civil War AM set so I assume they'll keep it), I'll be using my Civil War helmet that I already made. Might revisit it and make a v2 but that's the plan so far! :)

2016-07-09 14.57.13.jpg

Stay Tuned! :D

From the A&W promo posters that came out this summer, it looks like red racing stripes are added to the Civil War helmet.

From the A&W promo posters that came out this summer, it looks like red racing stripes are added to the Civil War helmet.

Which promo posters? :/ I can only find the SDCC one, and Antman wasn't on it... Interesting if the red stripes are back, though.

They released a bunch of posters at San Diego Comic Con other than the Infinity War one. Here is the one for Antman and the Wasp.

ant-man-and-the-wasp-sdcc-1011742.jpg

Also here is a shot of some more concept art that was displayed during the Marvel panel.
cc36a552f352a8a3702d57f98b43d9b91803fbe6_hq.jpg

You can see that the helmet has mostly stayed the same, but has had a few design changes that put it somewhere in the middle of the original helmet and the CW one.

The helmet is mostly the same, only the faceplate and respirator are different (and no, the only difference on the faceplate isn't the red stripes)

I will be modelling a screen accurate one, but I do not know if I will sell them, but I most likely will.

I will surely make the suit from ant-man and the wasp also. I have already made the first two versions. unfortunately there is still too few pictures for an exact copy.

Anyone have any sources on patterns or materials for the new suit? All the hard goods aren't so bad but man am I flummoxed by the soft goods.

29791547_2153389001354895_4431056332660932608_o.jpgicm_fullxfull.155581004_mcfhd7pj1yoosgwso00g.jpg
These ones are good example of the textures, most people go with some sort of textured leather or pleather - assuming they used a custom made material fabricated specifically for the movie suit.

icm_fullxfull.159824509_71ldi4gmzfgggs4sw8cw.jpgicm_fullxfull.155579968_btgkiky7uc8c0sgsk4g4.jpg

Helmet is a different model, not the same as civil war - been seeing most people re use the civil war helmet though, with red lines added

It was difficult to find suitable leather. Mostly it is too shiny and has no suitable structure.
Especially the front part of the new helmet is a bit different than the Civil War model.
Unfortunately, in december 2017, when I started to build the suit and helmet, there were no good pictures of the helmet. But will still correct that. :D

Helmet is a different model, not the same as civil war - been seeing most people re use the civil war helmet though, with red lines added

I noticed that too... faceplate is similiar to the one from the first suit, the jaw and other parts from the civil war helmet.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back