Greetings from Peru! AMT-ERTL cutaway Millennium Falcon getting "5-footer" accurated

Hi guys! this is my first post, I found this place in the midst of my research for studio model pics in order to have enough reference for my kit detailing. I built it 15 years ago just assembling the parts and base painting. I was used to japanese kits, so when I faced the horrible fact that parts just do not fit I was shocked, but with tons of epoxy and patience, i got this kit assembled. I noticed of course the obvious: sidewalls too tall for the exterior and no room for the gun seats, but since I passed the last MONTH building that kit I just decided that was enough work. Well years passed and I decided that I can not stand seeing my falcon kit looking that "unfinished" way for more, so I began wheathering the kit, not satisfied with the results, so I started my research for the studio model. I ended up discovering the whole story of how the 5-footer was created, that all the studio models were different one from the other and the horrible truth that the filming models and the interior sets just don't match and never will (something terrible when you are building a cutaway version ). I decided I will do my best for this build and will make some concessions with the accuracy of the interior.
My progress for now...

DSC_2731.jpgDSC_2740.jpgDSC_2767a.jpgDSC_2775.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back