RPC Studio Spider-Man Mask

HappenstanceUK

Hey everyone

I ordered a Spider-Man mask from RPC Studio about 5 weeks ago now. Their estimate for completion was 2-4 weeks. The status changed the first day to "Screening Fabric" on the first day and hasn't changed since. Should I be worried that nothing seems to have happened since then? I emailed them a week or so ago and they just repeated the status back to me with no other explanation. If they just sometimes take longer and don't tend to update the status then I don't want to pester them but if they've somehow let my order fall through the cracks then obviously I want that chased up.

Thanks

I always hear about this kind of thing from RPC. Some people even waited more than 5 months to get their stuff. It's pretty common with them, but not really a good business practice. Hopefully they deliver to you as soon as possible.

Well I've gone for a Facebook message this time instead of an email, we'll see if that gets a more helpful response than just repeating my mask status back at me.

I am in the exact same boat. Last update was "We'll ask the workshop for you". That was last week and I'm still waiting. Hopefully the wait is worth it.

Kind of makes me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one being messed around with them. It's one of those situations where I don't mind if it's taking longer than expected, just let me know.

I got a message from them this morning saying that it was dispatching tomorrow so I guess they just never bothered to update my status at all!

Well its been a day and still no dispatch notice. I'll give them until the end of the week and then I think I'll be chasing that up again. Might even try and get some money back.

Sent them a message again last night asking what was going on. They've apologised and said they are in the middle of replacing the lenses they created for the faceshell with the new fog free ones they've just released so thats something at least. I was never all that bothered about the delay, it was just the lack of communication and the fact that my status has still yet to be updated since that first one the day I ordered.

Seems like RPC Studio are getting worse. I'm still waiting for my mask but now they dont seem to be replying to my messages either.

....awesome :(

i placed orders with them when they first started out. they were fantastic back then - beautiful suits in less than a month's time with regular (almost weekly) updates. the last order i placed (two years ago) took an incredibly long time; they also rarely replied to messages. i guess rising popularity has really stretched them thin.

I received 3 updates from RPC after I placed my order on July 13th, all after I emailed them:
- One on August 18th after the 2 to 4 weeks delay they announced on their website expired saying that they were working on the faceshell and were planning to ship my order before the end of the month (August).
- One on September 4th saying that my order has been updated to the following status: Process Sewing
- One on September 11th saying that my order has been updated to the following status: Process Making Faceshell

Again I don't mind waiting and I would have probably ordered from them even if the waiting time was 12 weeks but why don't you just say upfront that it is going to take longer ? I still have issues coming to grips with the very cavalier attitude toward deadlines and communication displayed by an awful lot of sellers in this hobby. If you're not sure you're going to be able to fulfil my order in 4 weeks, just tell me it's going to take six months, and if it takes less than that it's going to be a pleasant surprise.

I'm still a little puzzled as to why they still had the 2 to 4 weeks production time listed on their website when I placed my order and apparently only started working on it on September 4th. It's a little confusing and a little unsettling for someone dealing with these people for the first time.

And now looking for more informations, I realize that they are not going to ship the version I ordered but a "new and improved" one that I'm not sure I like as much as the one I wanted and bought in the first place. Which again is kind of unpleasant.

Last edited:
I agree completely. It does make me wonder when (or if!) work actually started on my mask. The fact that they are just ignoring my requests for more information makes me think it could still be longer before I receive it. I'm going to try again on Monday I think.

Finally got a reply. They're claiming it will be shipping by 10th October. Really makes me think that they never did start working on my mask until about 2 weeks ago :(

I was planning on ordering a Miles Morales mask from them next. I'll be looking elsewhere from now on.

I received my mask this morning. They upgraded my shipping option to DHL express to make up for the delays which was pretty nice (but cost me an extra $25 of custom duties).
The mask itself is magnificent and well worth both the price and wait time. I just wish they communicated better along the way but I'm very happy with my purchase overall and will definitely be ordering again form these guys.

I see RPC held a sale over Facebook this weekend, clearing out a load of their old stock and defective items. The way they did it though just seems ridiculous. Basically getting everyone to just pay for the item they wanted through Paypal and then if they weren't the first person to pay then RPC refunded them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back