Scarecrow (Batman: Arkham Knight)

FF1997

I just want to show off my Scarecrow mask I made for Halloween in 2015.
17903991_779854522191309_2624370111068358098_n.jpg17884328_779854338857994_7128344676817330473_n.jpg17884010_779853842191377_4214078161397089503_n.jpg17800416_779854012191360_6882789331498002066_n.jpg

I made the mask by using a plaster cast of my face which I covered in layers of papier mache. After the papier mache dryed, I pulled it off the plaster shape and cut off the jaw. The moving jaw part is attached to the face mask using 2 pieces of translucent plastic, connected by 4 brass fasteners. There are 2 rubber bands pulling the jaw part up while opening my real mouth inside the mask. The gums are made out of air drying modelling clay, painted with pink acrylic paint and later covered in a layer of gloss coat. The teeth are made from cheap Halloween teeth (not the common single part vampire teeth, but so called "monster teeth" that were individually connected into artificial plastic gums and easy to remove), put into the modelling clay before it hardened. The "nose" is modelling clay too; The "pulled off nasal septum effect" is created with black fabric inside the nose opening cut into the papier mache mask and is covering my real nose. It's actually really comfortable to breath under that mask, since the nose isn't pressed flat against the mask. the gas mask filters are just made out of hard cardboard from the back of a sketch block and connected to the mask, using two pieces sawed off a light wood broom stick. and fixed with screws inside the mask and inside the gas filters. The filters were then painted in silver and black acrylic paint creating a dirty metal effect. The outside is actually a faceless cowl made from a burlap sack, that was cut into smaller pieces which were then glued to the mask. The face burlap details were made using small pieces of burlap ripped apart and glued to the mask. The stitches are threads of brown wool sewn to the mask and the burlap. (I had to use pliers to sew the threads sometimes.) The space between the jaw and the teeth is covered in brown and black burlap painted to look like exposed muscles/flesh/inside of the mouth. The dirt details on the burlap are made by burning it with a hot air gun, pulling threads out of the burlap and fixing them with glue again, or applying black acrylic paint mixed with a little water. The mask wasn't very expensive, since I had many things that I needed for build it.

Last edited:
This looks very good. I made the glove from arkham knight too, mostly using a sewer pipe and cardboard. For the liquids inside the syringes and canisters, I used yellow bath water coloring tablets.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back