I know, I know, I don't even want to SAY this word here but...

Timmythekid

Sr Member
...has anyone got any experience with the...Rubies (shudder) 3/4 child's Star Lord mask? I've got a 9 year old who wants to do Quill for Halloween, and I already know I'm going to be pressed for time, probably more than pep'ing a mask would allow. I haven't seen any reviews of this thing, and the only pic available seems to be the official catalog shot, which doesn't show the back, or really give an impression of what the material is like. Is it rigid, semi-rigid, latex, abs, is there a back to the mask, and if not is the material such that one could be constructed and attached? I'd look at the Marvel Legends bucket, but from Canada the thing is upwards of $200 on Amazon, so really more than I wanted to spend on this particular project.
Also interested in other options anyone might be able to recommend as alternatives. Cheers!

Lol that clickbait title tho..

No but in all seriousness, Rubies isn't that bad if you're crafty and are buying it with the goal to mod it. That said, I can tell you pepping my helmet in foam took me around 20 hours, so if that helps...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back