Predator by NECA

Vee

A great 1/4 scale figure by NECA. In this shot the tv is the background displaying a scene from the movie.

Attachments

• DSC_8199LR.jpg
    DSC_8199LR.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 345
Really excited for the new Predators in the Neca Line. I just pre-ordered this gorgeous looking piece.
Predator2018 - 4.jpgPredator2018 - 3.jpgPredator2018 - 2.jpgPredator2018 - 1.jpg

I didn't stop there however. I couldn't help myself, I picked up my favorite Predator from the comics. Ahab.
ahabpredator - 1.jpgahabpredator - 2.jpgahabpredator - 3.jpgahabpredator - 4.jpg

I also managed to snag Viper Predator for really cheap. So why not? He'll be my first Predator figure to get here more than likely.
viperpredator - 1.jpg

The new one looks awesome. Not as bad-ass as Wolf but he might be a close second (design-wise, that is ;) ). NECA is going all-out with them. Believe me, this won't be the only Preds you are getting. Invite one and the rest of the tribe will join him - sooner or later. ;)

The new one looks awesome. Not as bad-ass as Wolf but he might be a close second (design-wise, that is ;) ). NECA is going all-out with them. Believe me, this won't be the only Preds you are getting. Invite one and the rest of the tribe will join him - sooner or later. ;)

They used to look like garbage in the first wave. So naturally, when I saw these I was very impressed.

I can imagine. However, the first wave NECA produced was for AvP:R which featured the Wolf and the Predalien. They were not too shabby but lacked articulation. With every release NECA got better and better. The standard body they use now is almost perfect: great articulation and well hidden joints. And they nail the proportions.

The oldes ones were from Kenner, then came McFarlane. Both pale when compared to NECA's counterparts (just take a look at McF's Classic Pred, the City Hunter and the trio from AvP: the joints were so ugly, not to mention the head sculpts... ).

BTW, I looove that throne..! :)

I can imagine. However, the first wave NECA produced was for AvP:R which featured the Wolf and the Predalien. They were not too shabby but lacked articulation. With every release NECA got better and better. The standard body they use now is almost perfect: great articulation and well hidden joints. And they nail the proportions.

The oldes ones were from Kenner, then came McFarlane. Both pale when compared to NECA's counterparts (just take a look at McF's Classic Pred, the City Hunter and the trio from AvP: the joints were so ugly, not to mention the head sculpts... ).

BTW, I looove that throne..! :)

I hate you. Lmao. You were right, I found Clan Leader for a great price. He's going for well over $100 at most sellers. I snagged him up for $69. So now I have a clan.

:D:thumbsup

Okay... I completed my Predator dream team. Now have Scarface. But that's IT! No more. The price was too legit to not buy it. He goes well over $100 most places, but I got mine for $58 and free shipping. It's coming from 4 hours away from me and not China. So that's an awesome sign already. Mint-condition packaging too.

...I still hate you.

These figures take great photos! I sold a huge piece of merchandise which allowed me to buy a lot more Predators, Aliens, and Colonial Marines. I am very excited to get them all. Even managed to win a super good bid on a Neca Alien QUEEN! Her majesty is an elegant figure. Trust me! Pictures don't do her justice!

20180810_115451.jpg20180809_133321.jpg
mvIGA0L.jpg
20180815_135235.jpg
20180815_135304.jpg
20180815_115837.jpg
20180816_185352.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely! That new Pred looks very interesting. He comes with a pair of extra lower arms without gauntlets. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the movie. The face sculpt looks bad-azz!

Absolutely! That new Pred looks very interesting. He comes with a pair of extra lower arms without gauntlets. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the movie. The face sculpt looks bad-azz!

It has some problems as a figure. The new body has an issue with loose joints on those arms. Might be a defect.

Great collections.I´m waiting for "broken tusk" from the first AVP comics.;)
Never a bad choice!

It has some problems as a figure. The new body has an issue with loose joints on those arms. Might be a defect.

OH! I'm sorry to hear this. There are ways to deal with that problem though if you are unable to return the item or if it is a widespread problem. I don't have a link at the moment but you may find something googling for "Toy Polloy" (on Youtube) and "fixing loose joints on action figures".

Last edited:
OH! I'm sorry to hear this. There are ways to deal with that problem though if you are unable to return the item or if it is a widepsread problem. I don't have a link at the moment but you may find something googling for "Toy Polloy" (on Youtube) and "fixing loose joints on action figures".

Not a hard fix, but you can understand why most people will not have the patience or understanding with such an issue. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's a defect. I've heard several YouTube figure reviewers complain about it. I also won't pick one up because the price doesn't justify what you get. For a boxed 'deluxe' figure, he only comes with 2 heads, 2 weapons, and 2 arm varieties. While Ultimate Ahab Predator will get 5 weapons, removable mask, 4 hand types, ultimate body, and new facial sculpt, cape, and Engineer skull trophy. Not buying Fugitive because of lack of goodies.

My latest NECA purchase was the Endocop with Terminator dog. The Endocop has an excellent sculpt, only the inclusion of a spring-loaded holster and ball-joint / double-hinged shoulders would bring it to perfection. However, there is one glaring issue with the figure. The hip array which holds the ball joints of the legs is dislocated. It is off-center resulting in one leg protruding from the hip more than the other. You can disguise it by rotating the leg slightly inward but doing so increases the gap on the back side. At first I thought it was a flaw in the one figure I got but a video review revealed that this might be an error in the entire run. The reviewer did not notice that, however, but if you look closely at the hips you can clearly see that one leg is farther away from the figure's center than the other. It is even visible in the official promo pictures.

DSCF2487a.JPG

Even though, that does not mean that I regret buying it. The dog is a marvel and makes up for every flaw. :)

Last edited:
My latest NECA purchase was the Endocop with Terminator dog. The Endocop has an excellent sculpt, only the inclusion of a spring-loaded holster and ball-joint / double-hinged shoulders would bring it to perfection. However, there is one glaring issue with the figure. The hip array which holds the ball joints of the legs is dislocated. It is off-center resulting in one leg protruding from the hip more than the other. You can disguise it by rotating the leg slightly inward but doing so increases the gap on the back side. At first I thought it was a flaw in the one figure I got but a video review revealed that this might be an error in the entire run. The reviewer did not notice that, however, but if you look closely at the hips you can clearly see that one leg is farther away from the figure's center than the other. It is even visible in the official promo pictures.

View attachment 840134

Even though, that does not mean that I regret buying it. The dog is a marvel and makes up for every flaw. :)

How are the terminator figures? I've thought about picking them up for fodder.

I still have not got time to take one of their boxes so I can't say how good their QC is. I have the video game T-800s and two of the regular ones. They look absolutely fantastic. There are several reviews on the web and YT which show their strengths and weaknesses. Pros: perfect likeness (just look at that head sculpt!), moving pistons, nice size (not too big and not too small), affordable price, good availability. The plasma rifle is about the right size, too (the one from McFarlane was way too small). Cons: inhibited movement in certain areas (but this is partially due to the original design of the movie creature itself); the figure is delicate and thus does not belong in kids' hands (the thin rods and limbs might break during extensive play), there are no peg holes in the feet (the figure might fall over, but this issue can be dealt with by using custom stands or clamps). If it came with a skull base like the old McFarlane Movie Maniacs Endoskeleton the figure would be perfect. BTW, the Endocop re-uses the arms of the Endo. The working pistons are fantastic and so far nothing has broken. Definitely recommended.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back