New First Order vehicles revealed

Oh yes, you can also see the differences in both TFA and R1 books. Art of R1 designs look like its for a budget movie. Honestly, with JJ back for Ep9. Don't expect to see awesome new ships anymore. Ships he approved in his Trek movies and TFA really were awful. Hope he surprises but don't expect anything.
I think that the last sci-fi ship I really loved was the destiny from Stargate universe.

Everything since has either been so simple that it's boring, or so complex that it's boring.

Even the starlord's ship from GOTG looks far too complex. It has about 4 wings too many

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think that the last sci-fi ship I really loved was the destiny from Stargate universe.

Everything since has either been so simple that it's boring, or so complex that it's boring.

Even the starlord's ship from GOTG looks far too complex. It has about 4 wings too many

Yeh, that is why I felt today's so called concept designers just don't get it or rather, don't have it. I love GOTG movies but not the ship designs, I still don't know how the Milano shape actually look like.

But I think the biggest crime is from the new SW movies. Even in the prequels, there are pretty ships as there were also uglies but at least there is a balance. The new movies offer no balance at all, its just ugly and uglier.

The last nicely designed ships on tv is from the nu BSG and the Viper from the young Adama cancelled series, cannot remember the name. I like the Destiny you mentioned too, I looked it up because I didn't see Stargate series.:)

Yeh, that is why I felt today's so called concept designers just don't get it or rather, don't have it. I love GOTG movies but not the ship designs, I still don't know how the Milano shape actually look like.

But I think the biggest crime is from the new SW movies. Even in the prequels, there are pretty ships as there were also uglies but at least there is a balance. The new movies offer no balance at all, its just ugly and uglier.

The last nicely designed ships on tv is from the nu BSG and the Viper from the young Adama cancelled series, cannot remember the name. I like the Destiny you mentioned too, I looked it up because I didn't see Stargate series.:)
The viper mark 2 is one of the greatest designs in sci-fi. It filled it's purpose narratively and gave you the feels when you saw it.

Next to my cottage is an old dehavilland beaver bush plane. I've watched it take off and land my whole life. When I look at it or hear it's engine I get the exact same feel that they went for with the mark 2. As if you've known it your whole life

Last edited:
I think it will work as long as it doesn't walk like a gorilla. The worst design IMO is the Heavy Scout Walker. It just looks ridiculous. Here's LEGO showing how it walks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VdJ9g-v0rQ :facepalm
Wut? Seriously, 'wut'? Dear ***** I hadn't seen this lump of crap yet. So....let me get this straight - it's a heavy version of a thing that by definition exists to be a lighter version of something else already. Only uglier? Seriously, with the revelation that TLJ opens with the Resistance fleeing their secret base in a fighting retreat, which has just been discovered by the First Order, I'm quickly approaching critical 'Can't even' levels with the direction LFL is going lately.

Seriously, with the revelation that TLJ opens with the Resistance fleeing their secret base in a fighting retreat, which has just been discovered by the First Order, I'm quickly approaching critical 'Can't even' levels with the direction LFL is going lately.

So to recap, after the destruction of the Death Star, er, I mean Starkiller Base, the next movie opens with the Empire, um, I mean the First Order, chasing the rebels, uh, I mean the Resistance, from their hidden base on Hoth-- aw, screw it.

So to recap, after the destruction of the Death Star, er, I mean Starkiller Base, the next movie opens with the Empire, um, I mean the First Order, chasing the rebels, uh, I mean the Resistance, from their hidden base on Hoth-- aw, screw it.
Yes nothing at all like ESB. Just like they insisted in the TFA thread that it was not going to be anything like ANH. :unsure

And a young force user tries to get a reluctant Jedi Master who lives in exile on a forgotten about/uncharted wolrd to train her. I am guessing it will not be far fetched to think that the young force user could sense here friends are in danger and rush off before completing her training to help them. Substitute that space "Las Vegas" location for Cloud City and we are good to go

Maybe throw in a reveal about who Rey's parents are at a critical moment

Although they gave us the "new cute" replacement for the Ewoks with the Porgs a movie to early.

I guess they wanted to change things up little

It would be nice if they'd release another trailer to ease my skepticism. We're less than two months before the film premieres in early December. Only one teaser for the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time? That's strange. Disney is either really confident in this film or...

It would be nice if they'd release another trailer to ease my skepticism. We're less than two months before the film premieres in early December. Only one teaser for the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time? That's strange. Disney is either really confident in this film or...

I think the trailer is due on the 9th of October (only 4 days from now).

Wut? Seriously, 'wut'? Dear ***** I hadn't seen this lump of crap yet. So....let me get this straight - it's a heavy version of a thing that by definition exists to be a lighter version of something else already. Only uglier? Seriously, with the revelation that TLJ opens with the Resistance fleeing their secret base in a fighting retreat, which has just been discovered by the First Order, I'm quickly approaching critical 'Can't even' levels with the direction LFL is going lately.

Can we not drop major movie plot spoilers in a model building message board? You may be aware of the "revelation" of the beginning of the movie...but maybe the rest of us aren't. Please try to be more discrete.

Can we not drop major movie plot spoilers in a model building message board? You may be aware of the "revelation" of the beginning of the movie...but maybe the rest of us aren't. Please try to be more discrete.

I see your point, but... this thread IS called "New First Order Vehicles Revealed." Probably not a good thread to click on if you're really trying to avoid spoilers.

Jason Abbadon on the Starship Modeler forums shared this larger pic of the bomber:

aliptak_171005_2038_0076.jpg

At 1/144 the bomber would make a nice size kit. Wonder how it lands. Most likely one of those "we couldn't figure out where to put landing gear so it just kind of hovers" deals.

Not from Lucasfilm, the people in the thread. Several people seeing the trailers and what info came out said "I don't know this looks an awful lot like ANH...". They kept saying "Wait to see the movie. It will be nothing like ANH."

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back