Joker (origin film)

Just catching up with all this today, got to say that the make up test short is brilliant. I went from not really feeling anything about the movie to not being able to stop thinking about it. Wow.

I must say that I really like the suit, but would have enjoyed a purple one as well. I really love that it has the more classic look to it as opposed to the more "thuggish" Leto version. As far as the makeup goes I'm still not to sure on my opinion.. getting a real Ronald McDonald feeling off of it :wacko

I really like the suit.

I really don't care for the makeup, though FAR better than Suicide Squad's Joker (BLECH). I still favor the Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger Joker.

They sure aren't being very secretive about this production, are they?

There was that infamous collage image of online comments that showed people trash talking Ledger's casting. I hope somebody is gathering material for a new collage, you know.. just in case.

Short video from the subway platform.

Joaquin Phoenix Joker - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
While I feel that the Joker is more interesting without an origin story I am interested to see Joaquin in the role because he is such a great actor.

I feel like they are going with a John Wayne Gacy kinda vibe with the make up, with a dash of ronald mcdonald. I dont know, looks a bit too clowny for me. Still not sure if Todd Phillips is the right choice. Im also wondering how Ledgers Joker would be seen if he didnt die. While I still love his performance, I wonder. To me, Jack Nicholson perfectly balanced the Joker. Not a big fan of the origin that he killed Batmans parents, but Im fine with the outcome.

Another shot of the Joker, this time with the makeup a little neater.

509FE04100000578-0-image-m-13_1537833176492.jpg

Hmmm, that's pretty interesting.

almost looks like that's his "day job" get up with the big wig and maybe a rubber nose... then he keeps the general gist of the makeup, dyes his own hair and just paints the nose on when he goes sideways psychologically? Either way, looks promising.

Edit: is that his clown nose hanging on an elastic string around his neck?

yea, certainly seems it. I'm probably wrong, but allthese pictures give me a "I like clowns. I can be a clown. Why does no onelike me as a clown? I'LL SHOW THEM A DAMNED CLOWN!" vibe. :p

like that phonebooth pic... that face is the face of someone that just got unceremoniouslyfired. lol

here I am, trying to read into everything, and write myown darn joker movie. I should just behappy that it looks like the one their making will be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a kinda hybrid Joker look in that his skin will be bleached white by the chemicals but the lips and maybe eyes will be make up.

The accident happens and he sees himself and decides to add the rest.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back