Joker (origin film)

Re: The Joker (origin film)

Okay, I can deal with that. I enjoy the mystery, too.

But still, would it be possible for someone to do that? Forget about the Joker for a second, what about anyone else? Do you think it could be done? Barring someone being born into oblivion like that. Could someone like you or I ever find a way to completely erase all evidence of our existence?

It would be difficult to erase evidence of your existence, probably impossible, unless you were a super high level hacker or something.

However, its possible to avoid the grid from the start. If a person was never arrested or in a position to have biometric data recorded, i.e getting prints and retinal scans at a customs point, then the police would have very little way to ID them. Now, if you have a suspicion of who said person might be, there are ways of figuring that out with familial dna or contact dna and fingerprints at a suspected address.

In a country such as the States, if you have a law abiding citizen in one state, with nothing recorded like above, and they move to another state cross country, to become The Joker. It would be extremely difficult to trace that person back. Even dental records, I was 25+ years between visits, and it will be another 25 if I have anything to do with it! (I got a blender, TF do I need teeth for!!!) For medical records you would need to get a hold of the guy and check for anything obvious like an appendicitis scar and dig into that, but it could take years unless you know roughly when it happened.

You could also hypothesise that maybe the guy comes from a small family, no siblings and parents dead. No extended family, or ones that he is close too and no real friends, then you haven't even got a missing persons report when he shifts state. So one less avenue to explore.

Factor in Dascoyne's points as well, and I think it's more than possible for an individual to be off the grid.

Back in 2005 in the UK we had "the Piano Man" a guy found on a beach somewhere down south, he was kept in a secure unit and offered no details as to his ID and remained unidentified for a few months until he started speaking and offered up some information. That maybe a different scenario in this day and age with social media. But is shows that there is some precedence for the phenomenon.

He grew up a nobody, Gotham is a huge city, plenty of unknowns in a city with a population bigger than NYC.

He could have went to school until early teens then left for bring bullied. He could have stayed in public libraries without having to check out books since he never left except for closing time, explaining some education. He could've had identification up until his teens, then just forgetting his history, starting off fresh as someone other than the damaged youth he once was.

He could have made a stage name and became a failing comedian who just wanted to make people laugh and feed his family. Life could have broken him from the start and he didnt feel he needed a normal life, say he did have a birth certificate, but very few records other than that.

Maybe he was Bruce Wayne without the money, growing up alone and Gotham was to blame. Dropped off at an orphanage and just walked away at proper age. Gotham is known for crime, what other business can a nobody become powerful? Using an alias from age 17 in a giant city, one can become a myth who came from nowhere.

Here's my theory: WB sitting around come up with their next idea:

"MCU was built from RDJ. We need to find a comparable charismatic, seasoned, critically-acclaimed A-lister."
"There aren't a lot of folks on that list but DiCaprio would fit the bill."
"Heroes have already been cast. Even if we got him who would he play?"
"How about a villain?"
"Give him The Joker. Leto can do what he does for SS but that's not going to be a problem."
"Yeah but we want DiCaprio to be a leading role. We can't do that with a villain, can we?"
"Why not? Make it a Joker film - an origin story. We've never seen that for this guy which is a big oversight for WB, IMO. Plus everybody loves an origin story."
"But DiCaprio is also one of those guys who can pick his roles. How can we sell him on joining DCEU?"
"Maybe we can get Scorsese to leverage him in. In fact let's bring Scorsese on board first and announce it as his film ... get folks jazzed up about it first. Announcing actors up front doesn't seem to be working out for us. Who is going to complain about a Scorsese film? It's getting harder to make splash announcements that will hook with the public nowadays. But "Joker + Scorsese + DiCaprio" ... that is all win."
"I really think we've got it this time."
"But, if we're trying to do what Marvel did with RDJ, how are we going to use DiCaprio in the future?"
"Get the box office hit first and then we'll figure it out where to go from there - that's how it's always done. Don't you know anything?"
"So we're all in agreement here?" Everyone applauds.

... except for the one guy in the corner, "Uhh.... guys? I don't know about y'all but I read comics and somehow a Joker origin story doesn't seem right."

"You, geek in the corner"
"Yes?"
"You're fired."

Last edited:

Here's my theory: WB sitting around come up with their next idea:

"MCU was built from RDJ. We need to find a comparable charismatic, seasoned, critically-acclaimed A-lister."
"There aren't a lot of folks on that list but DiCaprio would fit the bill."
"Heroes have already been cast. Even if we got him who would he play?"
"How about a villain?"
"Give him The Joker. Leto can do what he does for SS but that's not going to be a problem."
"Yeah but we want DiCaprio to be a leading role. We can't do that with a villain, can we?"
"Why not? Make it a Joker film - an origin story. We've never seen that for this guy which is a big oversight for WB, IMO. Plus everybody loves an origin story."
"But DiCaprio is also one of those guys who can pick his roles. How can we sell him on joining DCEU?"
"Maybe we can get Scorsese to leverage him in. In fact let's bring Scorsese on board first and announce it as his film ... get folks jazzed up about it first. Announcing actors up front doesn't seem to be working out for us. Who is going to complain about a Scorsese film? It's getting harder to make splash announcements that will hook with the public nowadays. But "Joker + Scorsese + DiCaprio" ... that is all win."
"I really think we've got it this time."
"But, if we're trying to do what Marvel did with RDJ, how are we going to use DiCaprio in the future?"
"Get the box office hit first and then we'll figure it out where to go from there - that's how it's always done. Don't you know anything?"
"So we're all in agreement here?" Everyone applauds.

... except for the one guy in the corner, "Uhh.... guys? I don't know about y'all but I read comics and somehow a Joker origin story doesn't seem right."

"You, geek in the corner"
"Yes?"
"You're fired."

This idea is credited to you, I just put it together :)

IMG_20170903_160005.jpg

Wait what ? An origin story with Leonardo DiCaprio ? Who’s like, what, a couple of years younger than Leto (but looks older...) That makes no sense whatsoever... I thought they were gunning for a younger actor, elsewhere tale or not.

The joker was Bruce's brother from another mother. Big money pops loved to travel and help out people thru out the world. At one point he had too much whiskey and got busy with a chick. He woke up later and doesn't recall it ever happening. The one night stand girl ended up with a child. Yet Thomas couldn't bare to tell his wife since she was preggo with Bruce. His whole world would have been destroyed if news of his moment of bad judgement got out in the press. His wife would leave him with their unborn son. The public would be upset and think less of this so called honorable man. So he paid the girl off to stay away and never say a word. She blew the money and took it out on her son believing everything was his fault. She should of been rich and in the spotlight of Gotham city with Thomas. So the child suffered and grew to hate the way society worked. He killed his mother and moved on to mess with his chaotic behavior.

Personally I don't want to know how a guy to be that crazy. It would ruin the mystery and chaos he makes. The joker is an unwanted yet needed force to keep the scales balanced.

It's so obvious they're hoping this origin film to preload a Batman v Joker (Affleck v DiCaprio) film.

WB, we don't give a darn who you cast or which villains you conjure - just give us good stories. C'mon.

Decrapio would be a no go for me straight up. Can't stand that guy.

Last edited:

The rumor I heard, and this is probably wrong, is that this Joker is the "real" Joker in the DCMU, and that Leto's Joker is actually Tim Drake post-breakdown after the Joker did something to him (Ala Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker).

Whether that's a fanboy excuse to somehow unify this mess, or totally bunk, either way, I wish DC would be a little more of a unified brand onscreen.

I wonder if they are considering to abandon the whole origin story angle and go with Joker in his prime years.

This is an origin story, if it is one that is, I could really get in to. Wonder if they will honour Heath Ledgers legacy or go in a different direction.

This is an origin story, if it is one that is, I could really get in to. Wonder if they will honour Heath Ledgers legacy or go in a different direction.
They would have to go in a different direction. And I sure hope is isn't a "origin" movie. Inconsistent flashbacks are fine (ala the killing joke) but an actual defined origin, no thank you!

Last edited:

Having him tell a story, which goes in 10 different directions, would be cool to see. Have him tell 1 story 10 different ways, with 3 different actors playing the character!

Having him tell a story, which goes in 10 different directions, would be cool to see. Have him tell 1 story 10 different ways, with 3 different actors playing the character!

Now that would be interesting

Now that would be interesting

And at the end, just when you think you know what the truth might be, Joker reveals that he stole the entire idea of a multiple ending from the movie Clue.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back