Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 21, 2017, 3:52 PM - Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #1

Rogue One, Han Solo, Probably Obi-Wan, Jabba the Hutt?

We've all got our own ideas on the slate of Official Star Wars Story films. And we've all got our own ideas on the stories that Disney/LFL SHOULD be making instead.
    Occasionally, we share these ideas here on the forum, or over a pint with our friends. Really, we could use http://screamintothevoid.com, for all the likelihood of the ideas coming into fruition. However, it might be fun to have a wholly hypothetical discussion about our Star Wars Story "pitches."

Here's my loose idea:

My original thought was that the Stories would be good ways to tell different genres of stories within the GFFA. That's why I wasn't too opposed to Lord & Miller helming Han Solo. An official Star Wars comedy would be fun, just that nobody like messing with Solo.

So, what about period drama? Or, more specifically, period action/drama? And let's honor SW's cinematic roots, by making it a Kurosawa-style samurai movie; following a Jedi on a solitary quest, set a few decades before the events of the prequels.

And heck, if we MUST have a tie-in to the other films, or have it centered around a character we already know:
    Use Count Dooku.
    Tell a story about him trying to save someone from the criminal underworld, and resulting in him questioning his own morality. Somewhere along the line, everything goes sideways, and the Jedi need to help clean things up. Aggressively. And while we don't need to see him meeting Palpatine or leaving the Jedi Order, let's see him start to lose faith.
    Aug 21, 2017, 4:13 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #2

Tag & Bink: A Star Wars Story...that's all that I want.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    Aug 21, 2017, 7:28 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #3

I still want a Rogue Squadron movie. After that a Republic Commando movie written by Karen Traviss, which will never happen.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Aug 21, 2017, 9:40 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #4

Obiwan movie: have cad bane end up on tatooine working for jabba and kenobi having to take him out

Boba fett movie : shadows of the empire baby!! All the way!

Han Solo movie: have his father be some big time smuggler, Han does the Kessel run.

But I would seriously love to see a shadows of the empire movie

I am desperately hoping the next animated series shows our heros in between ESB and RoTJ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Aug 21, 2017, 11:17 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #5

I still maintain that the novel Kenobi by John Jackson Miller would be an amazing story to adapt. I've mentioned it before, describing it as a spaghetti western set in the Star Wars universe with Obi-Wan cast as the Man with No Name.

Tatooine—a harsh desert world where farmers toil in the heat of two suns while trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from the marauding Tusken Raiders. A backwater planet on the edge of civilized space. And an unlikely place to find a Jedi Master in hiding, or an orphaned infant boy on whose tiny shoulders rests the future of a galaxy.

Known to locals only as “Ben,” the bearded and robed offworlder is an enigmatic stranger who keeps to himself, shares nothing of his past, and goes to great pains to remain an outsider. But as tensions escalate between the farmers and a tribe of Sand People led by a ruthless war chief, Ben finds himself drawn into the fight, endangering the very mission that brought him to Tatooine.

Ben—Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, hero of the Clone Wars, traitor to the Empire, and protector of the galaxy’s last hope—can no more turn his back on evil than he can reject his Jedi training. And when blood is unjustly spilled, innocent lives threatened, and a ruthless opponent unmasked, Ben has no choice but to call on the wisdom of the Jedi—and the formidable power of the Force—in his never-ending fight for justice.
    From
    yuma AZ
    Aug 22, 2017, 2:43 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #6

Spinal tap style movie about the cantina bar band .

but my holo vibe goes to eleven that's one louder !
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Aug 22, 2017, 5:21 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #7

Obi Wan movie, a Clone Wars era "Apocalypse Now/Heart of Darkness" style solo mission.
  8. RPF Premium Member Darth Lars's Avatar
    From
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Aug 22, 2017, 6:29 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #8

There is nothing for me. For me, the Star Wars franchise has run its course. It is dead.
    Every tale that could have been explored, has already been told - often multiple times in multiple ways.

Oh, now that you mention Count Dooku - maybe the early tale of Count Dooku and Qui-Gon hasn't really been explored. But nobody is going to want to watch that.
    Aug 22, 2017, 9:39 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #9

Here's my idea for a western tv series:

Season 1:
    It starts at the end of the battle of Hoth.

The Empire has left behind a Garrison to collect intel from the rebel base. After a few days a large group of pirates show up to scavenge equipment and capturing the group. They also find a few rebels left over from the battle. They manage to get the message back to the Empire but are told that they are expendable. No one is coming. Rank and allegiance break down. Once the Imperials realize that no one is coming for them, they try to escape. The entire season is kind of like "the great escape" when they manage to get off the planet using a damaged rebel transport. The transport has had the bridge destroyed so they manage to turn a y-wing in the docking bay into a makeshift bridge. In a sense, their ship flies blind. They also manage to outfit it with some rudimentary artillery. In a sense, this becomes like a makeshift Galactica

Season 2:

They end up on a backwater planet where they turn into guns-for-hire for a small community that is having problems with gangsters. Essentially, they are soldiers without a war. At the end of the season, during the height of the conflict, A small group of Imperials show up to take the planet for it's resources. This is where their allegiance is really questioned and they turn on the Empire, defending the community.

Season 3:

They are now on the run from the Empire and become Guns for hire. The rest of the series plays out like this. Basically, they are now the A-team
    Aug 22, 2017, 10:53 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #10

From a business perspective, I think they need to tie the initial stories closely to the established material.

But after doing that a bit, I'd really like to see them branch out into unrelated characters involved in unrelated stories.

I'd love to see an underworld film or series about characters not remotely involved in the Rebellion or the civil war. I'd even skip familiar features like "Hutt crime lords" and simply use the experience as an opportunity to expand the universe and deal with regular folks. That or a series about Rebel ground troops or pilots in the midst of the war. I mean, folks who literally never interact with our big name heroes at all. Tell the stories about these smaller people, without resorting to fishbowl tactics that connect them to "name" characters.
  11. RPF Premium Member astroboy's Avatar
    Aug 22, 2017, 5:26 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #11

The other film I would love to see is the one of obi wan returning to mandalore to help bo katan defeat death watch.

And of course they fall in love. And that affair leads to Rey.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Aug 22, 2017, 5:55 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #12

annanake said: View Post
    Spinal tap style movie about the cantina bar band .

but my holo vibe goes to eleven that's one louder !
    How about Jabba's band's story as well? It must be told! We should also start a petition for Disney. I mean, come on...the story of Sy Snootles and The Max Rebo Band. That's CASH money.
    http://shirtminion.com/wp-content/up...-Rebo-Band.jpg
    From
    Maui
    Aug 22, 2017, 8:06 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #13

astroboy said: View Post
    The other film I would love to see is the one of obi wan returning to mandalore to help bo katan defeat death watch.

And of course they fall in love. And that affair leads to Rey.

Is Rey old enough to be Kenobi's love child? I still think there's a connection to Han given they finished each other's sentences.
  14. RPF Premium Member astroboy's Avatar
    Aug 22, 2017, 8:07 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #14

DarkHelmet said: View Post
    Is Rey old enough to be Kenobi's love child? I still think there's a connection to Han given they finished each other's sentences.
    Ben's grandchild?

Katee sackoff could even play bo katan in the flick. That would be awesome!

15. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    Aug 22, 2017, 8:15 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #15

They need to get away from anything having to do with 1-9.

I think Old Republic would do quite well. It has all the Star Wars stuff, but you can tell all new stories.
  16. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Aug 22, 2017, 9:35 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #16

Lando and Lobot
    A Star Wars Story of Facility Administration.

The title I'm joking of course.
    But I seriously would like to see Lando going from space pirate to taking on such a big job.

Also go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in time.
    The first Jedi, the first light saber, the Knights of the Round Table era so to speak.
    Aug 22, 2017, 9:54 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #17

DarkHelmet said: View Post
    Is Rey old enough to be Kenobi's love child? I still think there's a connection to Han given they finished each other's sandwiches.
    Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAjL-dfZq98
    Last edited by Axlotl; Aug 22, 2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Aug 22, 2017, 9:59 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #18

My Star Wars story ignores everything in the prequels.
    The Clone Wars are about clones rebelling for equal rights -
    They're not slaves - they're PEOPLE.
    The Jedi fought on the side of the clones - fought for equal rights.
    Clones are people, dammit!
    Aug 23, 2017, 12:42 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #19

Cad Bane. Or a bounty hunter movie with him and Boba et al., but not a solo Boba movie
    From
    I live on earth.
    Aug 23, 2017, 6:49 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #20

That little creature that grabs Luke in the trash compactor. We just NEED to know its backstory and how it ended up there.
  21. RPF Premium Member astroboy's Avatar
    Aug 23, 2017, 7:37 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #21

JediMichael said: View Post
    That little creature that grabs Luke in the trash compactor. We just NEED to know its backstory and how it ended up there.
    https://youtu.be/7kyqdcwV7IU

From
    Brisbane
    Aug 23, 2017, 7:54 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #22

Sarlacc and Sensibility.

Starts off at the Tiure estate with the slaves being taken away due to the crumbling family finances.
    We follow a young Jabba as he tries to restore the family fortune and sells his siblings for a lucrative business deal.
    Deal goes south and he ends up hiding from bounty hunters and stumbles upon a baby Sarlacc with an insatiable hunger...

Jane Austen meets Little Shop of Horrors meets The Godfather
    From
    Atlanta
    Aug 25, 2017, 10:51 AM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #23

After reading a lot of the EU books. I would have to say that there are mind blowing and fantastic stories set in the Old Republic Era. I would love to see movies about the Jedi Sith Wars, the Mandalorian Wars ect... So a Darth Bane Movie or two, a Darth Revan Movie, to expose a larger audience to the wealth of EU stories out there. Also to get some foundation to stuff that most fans are familiar with such as the rule of two and the total hatred of the Jedi by the Sith. I would also like a background story on Boba Fett and how he became the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy and considering how large of a fan follow Boba Fett has simply because he looks cool, I would expect it to be a hit.
  24. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Aug 25, 2017, 12:31 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #24

Gonk Droids
    A Star Wars Story: What the Eff Do They Do Other Than Go Gonk?
  25. RPF Premium Member DaddyfromNaboo's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Aug 25, 2017, 3:49 PM - Re: Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story? #25

CessnaDriver said: View Post
    Gonk Droids
    A Star Wars Story: What the Eff Do They Do Other Than Go Gonk?
    They are power supplies on legs!
    Eeeeh, and you call yourself a fan...

Wait, here´s a story that could be told with a Gonk. Just take Darkstar and cast a gonk droid in the part of the bomb...