Cathartic Release: What's YOUR Star Wars Story?

Sarlacc and Sensibility.

Starts off at the Tiure estate with the slaves being taken away due to the crumbling family finances.
We follow a young Jabba as he tries to restore the family fortune and sells his siblings for a lucrative business deal.
Deal goes south and he ends up hiding from bounty hunters and stumbles upon a baby Sarlacc with an insatiable hunger...

Jane Austen meets Little Shop of Horrors meets The Godfather

After reading a lot of the EU books. I would have to say that there are mind blowing and fantastic stories set in the Old Republic Era. I would love to see movies about the Jedi Sith Wars, the Mandalorian Wars ect... So a Darth Bane Movie or two, a Darth Revan Movie, to expose a larger audience to the wealth of EU stories out there. Also to get some foundation to stuff that most fans are familiar with such as the rule of two and the total hatred of the Jedi by the Sith. I would also like a background story on Boba Fett and how he became the most famous bounty hunter in the galaxy and considering how large of a fan follow Boba Fett has simply because he looks cool, I would expect it to be a hit.

Gonk Droids
A Star Wars Story: What the Eff Do They Do Other Than Go Gonk?

They are power supplies on legs!
Eeeeh, and you call yourself a fan...

:p

Wait, here´s a story that could be told with a Gonk. Just take Darkstar and cast a gonk droid in the part of the bomb...

They are power supplies on legs!
Eeeeh, and you call yourself a fan...

:p

Wait, here´s a story that could be told with a Gonk. Just take Darkstar and cast a gonk droid in the part of the bomb...

Shame upon me.
I suppose I could have known that once but long forgotten. Well that's boring. You can't base a movie on that.
Or can you?
The Matrix everyone was a battery right?

Did anyone ever actually see them providing power?

Shame upon me.
I suppose I could have known that once but long forgotten. Well that's boring. You can't base a movie on that.
Or can you?
The Matrix everyone was a battery right?

Did anyone ever actually see them providing power?

When Neo wakes up, he's all plugged in Gonk-like, along with the other pod people.

matrix-pods.jpg

Kinda of like a Jedi Highschool movie with a bit of Indy. What I mean by that is showing Luke's Jedi academy stuff and some of him and Ben going of to find old Jedi artifacts like those books, but when Luke sits down to to actually read the books he gets bored and starts messing around with a training remote.
In recap John Hughes, meets Harry Potter, meets Indiana Jones. But a Star War

Boba Fett:

I think a Boba movie could be done really well and be really cool if it was done right. Minimal dialogue from Boba. He's cool and collected and lets his carbine do the talking. Virtually no backstory. Focus on action adventure, and don't make it into a character piece. The helmet could stay on for the whole movie, or at least the strong majority of the movie. The plot doesn't have to be convoluted. Give it a bit of a western theme.

Someone stole a ship from the wrong guy. He's had others try and collect the bounty on the thief with no success. Boba Fett specializes on collecting bounties from fringe planets. Boba goes into the underbelly of the galaxy to collect the bounty. He disintegrates and blasts his way down a trail of scumbags to get to the thief who stole the ship. Boba collects his bounty to find out the owner had no plans on paying the bounty and tries to have him taken out. Boba is forced to take down the owner and his crew.

Is it original? Nope. Is it cheesy and recycled? Yep. But it doesn't matter because Boba Fett has a cool helmet and Star Wars is at it's best when it is using recycled stories and themes. It would be a basic action adventure film, but kicked up a few notches because of the Star Wars universe and how cool Boba Fett is.

Stories with existing characters:

• Obi-Wan western. This seems like a no-brainer since everyone and their mom just goes right to the concept. I see it as a combo of SHANE and FISTFULL of DOLLARS. Star with Ben being down and dissolution, weak connection to the force... maybe a little drunk. After collapsing in the desert he's found by some moisture farmers, and they nurse him back to health. He gets his act together, and when he realizes the farmers are being harassed for land taxes by Jabba and his goons, slowly but surely Ben gets his mojo back to help the farmers fight off the goons.

• Darth Vader horror film-- a small rebel tech crew fixing a comm relay on the far side of Yaavin are stuck in the jungle when the Death Star explodes. The see a tie fighter crash and hope it has a radio they can use. The wreckage is a mess-- so they have to hike back to Yaavin bas. Along the way, some mysterious monster in the dark begins to pick them off... it's Vader. So basically Friday the 13 with Vader subbing for Jason Vorhees.

• Boba Fett movie-- I know he's over-rated. I know I'm a total fanboy for wanting this-- I have no shame. Pretty much the only thing from the EU I like is Fett surviving the pit. Here's the problem: Star Wars is about good versus evil. Having a "bad guy" as the lead wouldn't work. Also, no offense to Temura Morrison, but you couldn't hang a movie on him. He's good-- but he's not that good. So Fett for whatever reason, gets a new face, and a new actor to play him. When he comes out of that pit, he's changed his tune. He wants to make up for all the bad he's done, and he's going to give the Alliance/New Republic some serious dirt on the criminal underworld-- so every other bounty hunter of note comes out of the woodwork to stop him.

Original ideas:

• The FIRST Jedi-- I know the comics did it.. but MEH.

• I always liked the concept of the CSA in the Han Solo books. It actually works well with the prequels. It was cloudy, but before the Clone Wars the Republic had no military outside of Senatorial guard and the Jedi. Individual planets/systems had their own military. All commerce was handled by corporations, guilds, and conglomerates. (Mining Guild, Techno Union, Trade Federation, etc). Again, you have to read between the lines of Lucas' poor writing to see his great idea-- Palpatine attracted all the commerce guilds into the Seperatist movement, and gave them a unified army. This forced the Republic to use the Clones they discovered, and behind the screen, you can assume all that commerce had to be federalized, and corporations that stayed loyal (like Sienar Systems) were given the market share. Obviously this makes for a smooth transition to a fascist Empire. In the original Han Solo books, the Corporate Sector was home to all the megacorps that supported the Imperial war machine. They were located in some far off pocket of the galaxy where they could operate without oversight. So basically-- like Monsanto having a super sketchy research lab on a boat in international waters. I think there's a great story that could be set here that captures the spirit of Star Wars. Say some planet held by a corporation makes use of its inhabitants as slave labor in their factories. The story is about a small group of saboteurs trying to escape and get their freedom-- and along the way, realize they can take down the big bad guy. In their way, the CSA, Corporate Sector Authority-- the private army that protects the corporations.

• Hamlet adapted to Star wars... it's a perfect story for it.

This might be a bit off track, but I wanted to share a little something about a Star Wars story I considered to be interesting enough to try and bring to life in some small fashion (and how it totally broke my spirit for awhile).

For the longest time, I'd I wanted to do an origin story on Civè Rashon, a (canon) female TIE pilot that was involved in the chase from Bespin at the end of TESB. I just always wondered what would inspire a female to want to do such a thing, basically (sorry if that's sexist in some way, but you know what I mean...I think a female's motivations are typically just more interesting). I had done so much research to bring her to life with a detailed backstory using canon elements, and through pure serendipity, (by way of planetary proximity), I was even able to link it all back to General Grievous, one of my favorite characters (at least, in the "Labyrinth of Evil" book; he was doofused up a bit too much in ROTS for my taste).

While not a writer, I like to think I can sometimes create an interesting piece for as long as my own attention span holds up. And, mind you, that's a big problem for me; I can quickly spin my deepest passions into, "This is kinda silly and I'm tired of it", really quickly. It felt so good that I was at least able to give this character an outline, with a lot of background detail to spin the narrative from. I was pretty geeked about finishing anything of this sort, even if it was just a "treatment".

And then the Rogue One details started being leaked...

You wouldn't believe it; my story involved Civè's father being in the medical field, him finding out about plans to use his medical facility as a cover to build the superlaser for the Death Star, and, of course, it involved Kyber Crystals (that were originally used to hyper-focus lasers for medical purposes, but then...). The name I had given her dad was GAREN, for god's sake. It was like I died and went to Writer's Hell. I could have changed a few things to distance it from R1, but my story came from such a pure place that was so invigorating to write, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I haven't touched it again since.

It still bugs me. :-\

@SethS ,

Temura Morrison ‘ good but not that good ‘ ? - Have you seen ‘ Once were Warriors ‘ ?

No-- admittedly with a better director and better script than what we saw in AOTC and ROTS he could be stellar.
That said, Lucasfilm would never use him in a lead role. But if this is pipe-dreaming I have no issue with him... even if I prefer the original Boba Fett's voice.

1. I'll throw my support for an anti-Western style Obi-Wan movie, possibly directed by Clint Eastwood. Kenobi is broken, a bit crazy. He talks to Qui-Gon but neither he nor the audience is sure if it's really him or its a hallucination. No idea what the plot would be, but the story would be about Obi-Wan getting his **** back together, finding his faith in himself again, and having some hope for the future.

2. A military science-fiction series set during the classic trilogy, focusing on the crews of two opposing ships/fleets; a Rebel ship and an Imperial ship. The commanders of each vessels are two legendary old wardogs form the Clone Wars who were comrades and close friends who chose opposite sides. The series would have a similar style to Battlestar Galactica (which I recently rewatched) and could cover the entire galactic civil war from after the battle of Yavin to Jakku. You could occasionally throw in appearances from major characters (cast Sebastian Stan as Luke Skywalker, seriously), but the focus would be the regular fighter jocks, the deck crews, etc.

3. Something set in the criminal underworld. We've heard rumors of such projects before. I would love to see something set in the underbelly of Star Wars.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back