Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop

lousterg

Hello,

I don't normally collect prop items - my personal preference is vintage toys - but I definitely have an appreciation for them. Great site here! I saw Back To The Future at a premiere in 1985 before I had even heard about it. Just lucked into it. I still have pins and stickers with the wrong release date on it! The movie is one of my favorites. Enough preamble - just giving you a brief background. Anyway, sometime around the dawn of the internet - in the early to mid-1990's - I was at a toy show in the LA area. And the item in the attached picture was sold to me. I was told at the time it was an original, screen used, part of the Griff costume - but I've searched Griff screen shots and can't find it anywhere. Perhaps I'm missing something? Or maybe it's part to another character's costume? I trust the credentials of the person who sold it to me - and do not doubt it's part of the movie somewhere. He may just have been incorrect about it belonging to Griff. It's been in a closet for over 20 years in a box - I just decided recently to see if I can ID it. It appears to be a bracelet of some sort. Any assistance from BTTF experts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• SFBttFGriffCostumeBracelot.jpg
    SFBttFGriffCostumeBracelot.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 959
- I just decided recently to see if I can ID it. It appears to be a bracelet of some sort. Any assistance from BTTF experts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey there and welcome. I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty that it is NOT from Griff's costume BUT it most likely is a background actors costume piece. Possibly the Cafe 80's patron behind Griff. BTTF2wrist.jpgBTTF2wrist1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! Sorry for delay - I haven't thought to check back and see if there were any replies. Life is always so busy. I'll pour over any images I can find of the 80's Cafe and see if I can locate it. Much appreciate the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG - that's IT! Thanks so much Mike J. - and, again, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! BACABreath is right - amazing eyes. And knowledge. I can't thank you all enough. By the way - I've also got a screen used bat prop from ILM - that I'll post pics soon. I can't identify that either! lol - clearly, I'm not the best at this game!

OMG - that's IT! Thanks so much Mike J. - and, again, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! BACABreath is right - amazing eyes. And knowledge. I can't thank you all enough. By the way - I've also go a screen used bat prop from ILM - that I'll post pics soon. I can't identify that either! lol - clearly, I'm not the best at this game!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back