Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Aug 21, 2017, 3:25 PM - Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #1

Hello,

I don't normally collect prop items - my personal preference is vintage toys - but I definitely have an appreciation for them. Great site here! I saw Back To The Future at a premiere in 1985 before I had even heard about it. Just lucked into it. I still have pins and stickers with the wrong release date on it! The movie is one of my favorites. Enough preamble - just giving you a brief background. Anyway, sometime around the dawn of the internet - in the early to mid-1990's - I was at a toy show in the LA area. And the item in the attached picture was sold to me. I was told at the time it was an original, screen used, part of the Griff costume - but I've searched Griff screen shots and can't find it anywhere. Perhaps I'm missing something? Or maybe it's part to another character's costume? I trust the credentials of the person who sold it to me - and do not doubt it's part of the movie somewhere. He may just have been incorrect about it belonging to Griff. It's been in a closet for over 20 years in a box - I just decided recently to see if I can ID it. It appears to be a bracelet of some sort. Any assistance from BTTF experts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  2. RPF Premium Member MattgomeryBurns's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Aug 29, 2017, 2:06 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #2

For some reason I can't click on your thumbnail to expand it
    @Jedifyfe is the expert here, he might have some insight.
  3. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Aug 29, 2017, 3:24 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #3

lousterg said: View Post
    - I just decided recently to see if I can ID it. It appears to be a bracelet of some sort. Any assistance from BTTF experts would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
    Hey there and welcome. I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty that it is NOT from Griff's costume BUT it most likely is a background actors costume piece. Possibly the Cafe 80's patron behind Griff. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BTTF2wrist.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	755160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BTTF2wrist1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	755161
    Last edited by Jedifyfe; 4 Weeks Ago at 2:17 PM.
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Oct 7, 2017, 3:11 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #4

Thanks, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! Sorry for delay - I haven't thought to check back and see if there were any replies. Life is always so busy. I'll pour over any images I can find of the 80's Cafe and see if I can locate it. Much appreciate the help!
  5. Io, Saturnalia! RPF Premium Member Mike J.'s Avatar
    From
    Tampa Bay Area
    Oct 8, 2017, 3:56 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #5

I think Fyfe is right: it's a background extra bracelet. See the PacFax girl:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bzXV0KHiZgg.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	764526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LXHX3J3YrAg.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	764527  
    From
    Forest Lake
    Oct 14, 2017, 2:33 AM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #6

That is amazing someone could figure out where that specific prop was used in the film... great eye!!
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 11, 2017, 6:34 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #7

OMG - that's IT! Thanks so much Mike J. - and, again, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! BACABreath is right - amazing eyes. And knowledge. I can't thank you all enough. By the way - I've also got a screen used bat prop from ILM - that I'll post pics soon. I can't identify that either! lol - clearly, I'm not the best at this game!
    Last edited by lousterg; 4 Weeks Ago at 6:50 PM.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 11, 2017, 6:50 PM - Re: Back to the Future 2 - Screen Used Prop #8

OMG - that's IT! Thanks so much Mike J. - and, again, MattgomeryBurns and Jedifyfe! BACABreath is right - amazing eyes. And knowledge. I can't thank you all enough. By the way - I've also go a screen used bat prop from ILM - that I'll post pics soon. I can't identify that either! lol - clearly, I'm not the best at this game!