This is my rex based on the animatronic of the first movie

AndresTC

Hello everyone!

This is my rex based on the animatronic of the first movie (Still missing many details) :

gbg.jpg55.jpg

gbg.jpg

55.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if the proportions of the body in my opinion are very similar to the original rex of the film but you have to change everything
(the head on the horizon model is :() I'm sorry for my English

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was going to note that the Horizon vinyl model is very good and the mold is taken from a Stan Winston maquette. However, it's not the design that was eventually used in the film. That model was sent to Phil Tippet's stop motion team and was used in the animatics, which of course was not used. Stan Winston's team then did a 1/4 scale sculpt that was quite a bit different, a lot bulkier looking, that was used and blown up to create the full size and also provide a 3D scan model.

I know, but what really changes are the proportions of the face between the small figures and the one that is sculpted to real size in addition to the wrinkles of the body and scales of the neck much more realistic.
Precisely the ruling that committed jurasic world was based on the rex of stop motion ...
my purpose is to get a model of the trex the most similar to the rex to real size,The most difficult thing is already done.:)

ddss.jpgrexxx.jpgsfdsf.jpgzcc.jpg

WOW, just stumbled across this from the image selection on the front page and wanted to say this looks awesome. I know this is an old thread, but are there any updates to this project?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back