Original AMT Ecto 1A?

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
My Google-fu is weak tonight apparently. Are there any accessories for this kit, like proton packs or anything. I know there are some decals and a PE sheet. Just wondering if anything else was out there.

Attachments

• 0819172004.jpg
    0819172004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
I built some from scratch, it wasn't too hard. Your best bet is to probably get reference of GB2 packs and just come upon random items that are the right shape and size for the complex parts and build it mostly out of styrene, for example (this is no high tech, super accurate thing...) I used some small clothing buttons as the... cyclotron? I think it's called. It worked at the time. The back was made of styrene, with plastic tubing details and guitar wire to act as the ribbed tubing.

Thanks. I thought I might at least have found proton packs on Shapeways. Well, scratchbuilding it is then!

I took a 1A kit and scratched it into an Ecto 1 kit. Also making the proton packs from scratch. Was a pretty cool build. Looking forward to pics.

Got pictures? This is a down the road project. I need to finish a few others before I start this.

I was going to put a link here, but forgot that I had used photobucket....I'll just upload a few here that seem best. I rebuilt the black rack and most the stuff on top.P1011869.JPGP1011872.JPGP1011873.JPGP1011886.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back