TLJ Judicial / Executioner Weapon "The Claw"

gmrhodes13

Cross posting my build from FISD

18lLcVC.gif

Thought I'd have a go at one of these in case LFL pull the plug on blasters again this year for the EPVIII premier, won't be 100% accurate as there are limited images and I'm building it "old school" so definitely will be basic. It may still go pew pew though, depends on what you have noticed in the limited images available ;).

Started with the sizing of the blades

qGDUdKN.jpg

On to the main tube and working out the slotted holes

FCbIMaK.jpg

wpLdaMK.jpg

s9RqbWj.jpg

On to the blades, had to cut double the amount as I didn't have the right thickness material, then glued them together

ZxdA07W.jpg

bDtcwat.jpg

1xmrALr.jpg

Some details on the shaft

22IDiZQ.jpg

05rMU2i.jpg

flHr9Lh.jpg

Centre sections of the blades and covers, then glue

B482H0o.jpg

vtYnSmY.jpg

MPEJTUY.jpg

8sL07C2.jpg

Detail sections, made one then cast and made from plastic resin

ewYfiCV.jpg

wOzBDCq.jpg

Detail pieces shaped and added

OjVCY5V.jpg

Brackets made

8Wo8ShC.jpg

OB4gf8c.jpg

Playing with some electronics, I can only do the basics so using a few different things.

Taken the electronics out of an old extendable Kylo saber and have some EL wire, I have added an on/off switch and a press switch as well as an amp jack so I can run to the aker amp.

yKnl9US.jpg

I am getting the feeling from the hengstler, magazine and slotted pipe that the weapon may actually double as a blaster, who knows for now but while I have it apart I'll add on some blaster electronics. just in case.

Again taken the electronics from a child's toy blaster, added a high bright LED, some smaller led's for the hengstler and magazine, on/off and push switches and incorporated it all with the saber electronics.

qvGf1tR.jpg

https://youtu.be/HP2CgsSQcbU

Working out spacing for the recessed ridges on the handle, also noticed it looks like the weapon has a F-11D blaster end cap with a D-ring

XhlV1Nz.jpg

Then I found some coated wire would do nicely for the raised sections but I would need to add some grooves to the inner pipe piece so it will sit better and give the glue something to hold on too, so I did this with the dremel and a file, luckily I had tape the right spacing width.

Then inserted in the handle and added the pieces of wire.

n6JPdv9.jpg

Slots cut, recessed inserts added and glued

BiWoaYo.jpg

So it seems from what images there are that the weapon has a blaster hengstler and magazine

bBMjXCt.jpg

qQO1ZQ6.jpg

Dx4IZL3.jpg

And lights fitted

xAgPhaI.jpg

Fitting all the switches, amp jack, batter pack and electronics was not fun, took longer than I thought it would but it's all in now.

giC6Tjj.jpg

It may not work as a blaster but I'd rather have the electronics in there just in case
default_wink.png

Just the LED for the blaster tube and the EL wire to thread through the claw sections once it's all assembled.

Will also use a 90 deg elbow AV cable so the wire sits in closer to the handle and my glove.

A little more progress but fiddly bits, making and attaching brackets for the claws to mount too, some detail pieces and trial fit and test of angles.

12kb0Vo.jpg

Starting on painting

umHh8uq.jpg

4Ki50Ub.jpg

8HVHFbF.jpg

The claw sections have some recesses/indents but as references material is not very clear I have just made these from sticker material, easy to change later

jkJslW3.jpg

Supports for the claws painted silver, white detail section added and glued.

Handle masked and recess section painted satin black, really shows up the grooves well.

jjsuoYh.jpg

Been waiting on the weather for paint to dry all week, now waiting on glue to dry, getting there.

1dzjQD6.jpg

Once all the parts had colour on them and assembled I found I wasn't happy with the length of the barrel and the width between the claws so I've done some trimming and a little adjusting, much happier now

z2NxH1M.jpg

Having a look at another slightly higher res photo and noticed I should have mounted the magazine further around on the side, not too worry I'll fix this up on the next version

Mf2pdU7.jpg

The more images I see the less I think that the head and base claws are offset, but just in case I've slotted the mounting holes so I can adjust them later. Really depends how you view the images and look at the angles, I've found holding it and taking photos it can change so much

So here is where I am up too, everything attached and electronics working, now just stuck waiting on the mail man now, the EL wire I had was just too short, hopefully it will turn up soon

gjU7mdj.jpg

Thought I would try out some hot glue on the EL wire, seemed to work well for Kylo's, I think it will look more realistic

N2ExPSW.jpg

Found a bit more reference material too

ANpr3ck.jpg

qGDUdKN.jpg

FCbIMaK.jpg

qGDUdKN.jpg

wpLdaMK.jpg

s9RqbWj.jpg

FCbIMaK.jpg

wpLdaMK.jpg

qGDUdKN.jpg

ZxdA07W.jpg

FCbIMaK.jpg

s9RqbWj.jpg

bDtcwat.jpg

wpLdaMK.jpg

ZxdA07W.jpg

s9RqbWj.jpg

bDtcwat.jpg

1xmrALr.jpg

ZxdA07W.jpg

22IDiZQ.jpg

bDtcwat.jpg

1xmrALr.jpg

05rMU2i.jpg

1xmrALr.jpg

22IDiZQ.jpg

22IDiZQ.jpg

flHr9Lh.jpg

05rMU2i.jpg

05rMU2i.jpg

B482H0o.jpg

flHr9Lh.jpg

B482H0o.jpg

flHr9Lh.jpg

vtYnSmY.jpg

vtYnSmY.jpg

MPEJTUY.jpg

B482H0o.jpg

8sL07C2.jpg

vtYnSmY.jpg

MPEJTUY.jpg

MPEJTUY.jpg

ewYfiCV.jpg

8sL07C2.jpg

8sL07C2.jpg

wOzBDCq.jpg

ewYfiCV.jpg

ewYfiCV.jpg

OjVCY5V.jpg

wOzBDCq.jpg

wOzBDCq.jpg

OjVCY5V.jpg

8Wo8ShC.jpg

OjVCY5V.jpg

OB4gf8c.jpg

8Wo8ShC.jpg

yKnl9US.jpg

8Wo8ShC.jpg

OB4gf8c.jpg

qvGf1tR.jpg

yKnl9US.jpg

OB4gf8c.jpg

XhlV1Nz.jpg

qvGf1tR.jpg

yKnl9US.jpg

n6JPdv9.jpg

qvGf1tR.jpg

XhlV1Nz.jpg

BiWoaYo.jpg

bBMjXCt.jpg

XhlV1Nz.jpg

n6JPdv9.jpg

BiWoaYo.jpg

qQO1ZQ6.jpg

bBMjXCt.jpg

n6JPdv9.jpg

BiWoaYo.jpg

qQO1ZQ6.jpg

Dx4IZL3.jpg

bBMjXCt.jpg

qQO1ZQ6.jpg

Dx4IZL3.jpg

xAgPhaI.jpg

Dx4IZL3.jpg

xAgPhaI.jpg

giC6Tjj.jpg

xAgPhaI.jpg

giC6Tjj.jpg

default_wink.png

giC6Tjj.jpg

default_wink.png

12kb0Vo.jpg

default_wink.png

12kb0Vo.jpg

umHh8uq.jpg

12kb0Vo.jpg

umHh8uq.jpg

4Ki50Ub.jpg

4Ki50Ub.jpg

umHh8uq.jpg

4Ki50Ub.jpg

8HVHFbF.jpg

8HVHFbF.jpg

8HVHFbF.jpg

jkJslW3.jpg

jkJslW3.jpg

jkJslW3.jpg

jjsuoYh.jpg

jjsuoYh.jpg

1dzjQD6.jpg

jjsuoYh.jpg

1dzjQD6.jpg

1dzjQD6.jpg

z2NxH1M.jpg

z2NxH1M.jpg

z2NxH1M.jpg

Mf2pdU7.jpg

Mf2pdU7.jpg

Mf2pdU7.jpg

gjU7mdj.jpg

gjU7mdj.jpg

gjU7mdj.jpg

N2ExPSW.jpg

N2ExPSW.jpg

N2ExPSW.jpg

ANpr3ck.jpg

ANpr3ck.jpg

ANpr3ck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great build so far! These guys really make me think of a Stormtrooper that would show up in a videogame like The Force Unleashed or Dark Forces/Jedi Knight!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back