Help deciding between ghostbuster or deadpool?!?

ZotoSpidey

Hello all! I've been wracking my brain and can't make up my mind so I thought I would ask for some help.
I don't know what to do for my next costume. My top 2 are either deadpool or a classic ghostbuster. Might also do a homemade homecoming suit as a spare. But between ghostbuster or deadpool, what do you guys vote for? I'll def post updates on either one! Thanks in advance, and if this post in the wrong place please feel free to correct me!!
9be42081243c8ad3c99e7271fa6981e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As you can tell from your photo....you have to have a perfect body to pull off Deadpool. A jumpsuit from Ghostbusters will hide any imperfections.

The Ghostbusters jump suit is easier to make and more comfortable. It's more a question of what your excited to work on.

The Ghostbusters jump suit is easier to make and more comfortable. It's more a question of what your excited to work on.

I've got fun ideas for both, each has it's own merits, ghostbusters for the cool classicness of it, deadpool for the funny/ silly factor (if I do dp it'll be with the hello kitty backpack with a rubber chicken, other trinkets and the Francis drawing inside) I'm going to do them both in due time but it's which should I focus to compile by Halloween.

I think we're in the middle of a Deadpool glut – I've seen fewer GBs around, and you could do some fun (albeit non-canonical) stuff with your GB (just requires more creative thinking)...

You could be Kevin from the new GB, I don't think I've seen one of those in person.

Though the mash-up offers humorous possibilities as well. You can wear the DP hood and the GB jumpsuit, and get away with not being crazy buff. You could replace the 'No Ghost' patches with the circular Deadpool icon, wear the cute backpack with a ... stuffed animal hung and tethered like the neutron wand. Especially if you can reach behind you, grab the 'wand,' brandish it, and squeeze it & have it make a squeaky sound, or something. Might be really amusing.

I don't have the cajones to cosplay, but I always wanted to get a Ned Flanders mask and a Deadpool suit...

NEDPOOL

LOL! Brilliant.

...You just gotta find a character you loosely resemble. (Or wear a mask). I'm a white male w/ dark hair and glasses, and this year I made a list of about half a dozen characters I look vaguely like. I was Clark Kent / Superman last month, and I felt like a million bucks all day.

GHOSTBUSTER WINS!

Buying a lot off amazon right now, mainly all from a great list of supplies from a fantastic article from primer magazine.

My only choice now is do I go for a venkman/stanz name tag on the jumpsuit or do I go custom and use Rento ( a shortened version of my own name). Help me decide!

Woo!

I've been Venkman in the past (because he has the most funny lines), but I'll be Spengler this year because I look more like him (glasses).

Did you check GBFans for recommendations on jumpsuits & supplies?

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/

Actually I used this as my checklist for stuff I need:

http://www.primermagazine.com/2015/...s-costume-with-80-available-from-amazon-prime

Far as I can tell it all looks pretty close to stuff I've seen others wearing in thier costume shots.

Backpack I'm ordering from spirit Halloween (looks surprisingly legit), and I have the oooold ghost trap from when I was a kid, I was thinking to paint and mod it with some light and smoke.

GHOSTBUSTER WINS!

Buying a lot off amazon right now, mainly all from a great list of supplies from a fantastic article from primer magazine.

My only choice now is do I go for a venkman/stanz name tag on the jumpsuit or do I go custom and use Rento ( a shortened version of my own name). Help me decide!

I think if you were to look, most people use their own name (or variation).

One year, my work let us dress up and I dressed in medieval costume and used the nametag "Romeo". I had a wooden sword and everything. So a name other than your own is always an option.

Patches came in! Loving how this is coming together. Going to iron them on on my next day off after a visit to hardware store for the spray paint and pvc connectors. Still waiting on the actual pack from spirit, which is estimated to ship the 16th.

f898712d6170e2bde29d3057da66e66c.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back