DH-17 muzzle found part/inspiration?

Moreorless37

So the other day I was browsing youtube and was watching a video on the history of British Submachine guns (like you do :lol), and imagine my shock and elation when the host picked up this
9qxmt4X.png

sTJvEWn.png

4Uu8qeC.png

this is a BSA prototype made for British trials. Now the shape doesn't seem quite right, but I figure if anything it may have been inspiration for Bapty, if it was somehow seen, for the DH-17 blaster. the similarity is too uncanny to be a simple coicidence in my mind. But that is just me :rolleyes

I completely agree, the propmasters took inspiration from wherever they could and pre-existing military firearms which looked suitable were simply incorporated into the film designs. This one has come up a couple of times as I recall. I even tried to find one myself, through gun dealers, before realising it never went into production. Since the original ep.4 budget of $6m wasn't much even in the '70's the philosophy seems to have been 'if it ain't broke don't waste time redesigning it'.

Last edited:
This is incredible. New for me - and an uncanny resemblance. They machined so much (like for R2) it's not surprising they'd make a few "fronts" like this. Wow.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back