Game of Thrones (Winter Cape)

Yeah, see i;ve just been looking into this. I'm not sure Clapton is referencing this seasons cloak, which I think actually looks great:

(this one)

lxxwy0ip3jrrmhvjva7f.jpg

I think she's referencing the earlier seasons where the rugs were more simplistic:

landscape-1502804479-jon-snow-ikea-cape.jpg

ludde-sheepskin-white__0393627_PE560504_S4.JPG

I could be wrong, but the first one is clearly not an off the shelf Ikea item.

Yeah, I am leaning towards both right now.

The first picture you posted is definitely what I would want to achieve. I have a feeling its one of the higher end versions of the the SKOLD that Ikea sells ($250). Shaved perfectly and masterfully weathered.

The first picture you posted is definitely what I would want to achieve. I have a feeling its one of the higher end versions of the the SKOLD that Ikea sells ($250). Shaved perfectly and masterfully weathered.

Maybe it's in store only. Gonna go take a look tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah the earlier seasons are almost definitely the Ludde, but this seasons does indeed look more like the pile of SKOLD, albeit altered, though i'm still not sure they'd go to the painstaking trouble of dying portions of it to look like a wolf pelt (or whatever animal its supposed to be).

As always i'm sure someone will beat me to the answer however we shall see what tomorrows IKEA trip brings.

I've seen this tidbit floating around quite a bit as me and my friends are all costume enthusiasts :) Quite curious what'll come from the shopping trip, as I've got a gut feeling the instructions IKEA released are covering just a tiny bit of the process :)

I've seen this tidbit floating around quite a bit as me and my friends are all costume enthusiasts :) Quite curious what'll come from the shopping trip, as I've got a gut feeling the instructions IKEA released are covering just a tiny bit of the process :)

Hahaha I think IKEA just did that as a bit of fun. I'm genuinely not convinced that this seasons fur is Ikea. It looks a lot more expensive than an Ikea one and if they were gonna go to all the time and expense of heavily modifying the rug they would've just bought a nicer one in my opinion. Just waiting for my roof to be fixed then I'm heading over

You'd be surprised at the amount of people I've seen that take it as gospel ;) A good enough fur will need little work beyond attaching belts - and I know this from experience :)

What are your thoughts on the colouring? All the Ikea ones seem to be one colour. Do you think the costume department took all that time dying in different colours?

Though in theory they could've done it - that the IKEA furs are one solid colour takes dye in the first place - it'd be easier to get a fur that already has the colours they want. I find it more likely they spend a bit more budget and went out to get something like this one.

Though in theory they could've done it - that the IKEA furs are one solid colour takes dye in the first place - it'd be easier to get a fur that already has the colours they want. I find it more likely they spend a bit more budget and went out to get something like this one.

Exactly my thoughts. It would take i'm guessing several days of skilled work to turn an IKEA fur into the one used in this season, especially after seeing them yesterday. That would negate the point of buying a cheap one.

I can confirm IKEA only has in store what it has on their website. Kind of a wasted trip in hindsight but there we go. They do Dark brown, light brown, white.

Better image here shows it's clearly a pelt, looks to be a winter badger. Whether its real or faux it it, in my opinion, not from ikea.

game-of-thrones-Jon-Snow-1.jpg

Exactly my thoughts. It would take i'm guessing several days of skilled work to turn an IKEA fur into the one used in this season, especially after seeing them yesterday. That would negate the point of buying a cheap one.

Given it's popularity, I can imagine they spend more money now, and differently ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back