RS props scout kit

Thanks for the heads up - just ordered mine as well! It's going to be quite the adventure to build - a new challenge to learn...

Dan

As far as I know they still haven't posted the build video and there are no instructions with the kit.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I take it you haven't bought one, just on a mission to criticise ?
I have bought one. There are no instructions in the box or a video which they stated would be uploaded before the kits would be shipped.

Whether I bought one or not, how is making an accurate statement about a vendor not delivering on something they stated on their website being on a "mission to criticize"? Is anything I stated incorrect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the below parts are placed in the helmet? I'm guessing the left is the Centre Top and the right is the Peak Join. Does the Centre Top go the same direction or perpendicular to the seam on the join of the two helmet halves? Does the Peak join go into the top flat part joining the two peak halves?

What is recommended for gluing the halves and filling the seams?

RS-Scout-Parts.jpg

Thanks. Those photos help alot.

I don't know why they don't just post some photos with a little verbiage. It doesn't seem like the instructions need to take long to put together or be anything elaborate.

Does anyone know how the below parts are placed in the helmet? I'm guessing the left is the Centre Top and the right is the Peak Join. Does the Centre Top go the same direction or perpendicular to the seam on the join of the two helmet halves? Does the Peak join go into the top flat part joining the two peak halves?

What is recommended for gluing the halves and filling the seams?

View attachment 761926

The squarer piece on the right goes at the front of the visor, joiningbthe two halfs from underneath, and if you push it towards the front lip, it gives you the dimension to butt the faceplate up against . The long oval,piece sits dead centre in the dome of the main helmet joiningbthe two halfs . The rest of the main helmet seams are covered inside with long strips about half an inch wide .
I have some pics of a real helmet from the inside, but can't post pictures since the photobucket fiasco . Tapatalk won't find this thread for me.

The squarer piece on the right goes at the front of the visor, joiningbthe two halfs from underneath, and if you push it towards the front lip, it gives you the dimension to butt the faceplate up against . The long oval,piece sits dead centre in the dome of the main helmet joiningbthe two halfs . The rest of the main helmet seams are covered inside with long strips about half an inch wide .
I have some pics of a real helmet from the inside, but can't post pictures since the photobucket fiasco . Tapatalk won't find this thread for me.

fcaa0f6595300153bfd3f556637d8c81.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

949806070ccf6f2e5d1eae4aae4e2abc.jpg

Managed to get tapatalk to work ... it really is a clunky old piece of trash software.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170928/949806070ccf6f2e5d1eae4aae4e2abc.jpg
Managed to get tapatalk to work ... it really is a clunky old piece of trash software.

Thanks for the photos.

The construction doesn't look too bad. I guess the tricky parts are getting the halves trimmed and lined up so it looks like one solid helmet without a seam.

Would CA glue or E6000 be recommended? Any thoughts on what to use to fill the seam?

This is good news,
a few years ago I bought a cheap fiberglass scout kit that was supposed to be screen acurate.
It's good but not perfect so I decided that I wouldn't build it until I could buy or borrow a screen acurate lid to get my modifcations spot on.
With the only screen acurate option being efx the price put me off ordering that one. Lucky eh :)

About a year ago I emailed RS to ask if they would sell me a scout as an unbuilt kit and the answer that I got was not only no, but that they had no plans to offer such a kit.
Best laid plans and all that.
Just ordered from RS today so... I will be getting a two for one deal (kind of) and then I can sell the other one that I have had for years too.

Paitience is a virtue indeed :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back