Where do cosplays go to die

Saka157

I'm fairly new to cosplay and I was wondering. Where do you guys put your costumes so that they're out of the way but still easily accessible. I have a couple in my closet right now and one on a random bin on the shelf but they take up too much space that I could dedicate to something else and they're just scattered everywhere. I've thought of modifying an IKEA bookshelf and make one of those hidden doors that have a closet behind it where I can hang the clothes and put away the props but that's still a really rough not thought out idea so I come to you. Can anyone help??

Several of my friends have cosplay rooms, they're basically craft rooms where the work on costumes and store them. Most of mine, except for props, are hung on the back of my bedroom door, though I would love to get a manakin to display my rocketeer costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a very large duffel bag and that worked for quite a while. It closes with straps and D rings so I can overpack it without worrying about a zipper breaking.

I have storage bins. Each now labeled (the wife did it) and stored in my garage and some inside. That way they are all the same and I know where each one is. Most of my costumes pack up. I haven't figured out where to keep my 9-10ft Storm Atronach though since the foot won't even fit in a storage bin.

For my biggest one, because I didn't want it to go to waste, I bought a male mannequin and dressed it, and now it's just on display in my room.

for my first costume i use a wardrobe mannequin from ikea ( the "mulig" ) for the other i store them in my classic wardrobe but i'm planning on storing them inside some boxes to easilly take them to conventions or simply win some precious space :)

oh and cosplay never dies because when you are cosplaying you're a hero and heroes never dies ! ;)

I myself haven't completed one yet, but as I'm making it (Carved Nordic Armor Skyrim) I am making it more "modular" than some similar costumes I've seen specifically with storage in mind. As I saw Iggy mention, I intend each costume I make to be able to fit into a stackable storage bin both to save space and make them easier to transport to cons.

Rubbermaid makes large storage containers that are fairly air tight (and insect proof), and virtually indestructible - I think they are called 'Tuffneck' or something like that. Not the most fashionable, but large enough to store jackets folded in half, helmets, any prop that can be broken down to about 18 inches. The containers are so strong, right now I have a 4 foot dresser sitting ON TOP of two containers.

I don't have anything crazy huge / complicated (yet), so they just go on hangers in the back of the closet (I have a deep but narrow closet).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back