Poor mans Starfighter model

astroboy

Master Member
Hey gang,

One of my favorite ships ever was the buck Rogers Starfighter. And the corgi was also one of my favorite die cast toys.

Anyway, the first model I ever did was a corgi conversion. But I did it without owning an airbrush so I just used a cheap craft brush and testors enamels. I'm home, it looked terrible.

Well thanks to an hour in an ez-off bath....it's time for a do-over!
39d8f7de0c87863a401174cf7a9aa079.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That looks great!! Hey, you should check out paperaviation.de there are some fantastic free sci fi paper models that can be downloaded there for free, and there is a Starfighter kit that is incredible, and in 1/32 scale! There are even add on downloadable parts to build all versions as well as cockpit interiors. Absolutely brilliant work!

Hi buddy! yeah, I love that model, and the work you and Raven Black did to add to the original model is amazing, and the fact that it was all given to the modeling community for free s really very special indeed:) I have several printed out in 3 scales on the build pile!

That looks great!! Hey, you should check out paperaviation.de there are some fantastic free sci fi paper models that can be downloaded there for free, and there is a Starfighter kit that is incredible, and in 1/32 scale! There are even add on downloadable parts to build all versions as well as cockpit interiors. Absolutely brilliant work!
When I built it, I upscaled that to 1:18 :D

Man, I had that toy when I was a kid.
The yellow plastic wings confused me:
Are they supposed to be variable geometry, like a Tomcat?
Why don't they move?
WTF's going on here?
Why is there a Formula 1 race car spoiler on the front?
That's not in the show...

Also, re: airbrush = Go to flea markets.
My Dad surprised me one day with a Badger 150 he picked up at a flea market for 15 clams.
It's the best airbrush I've ever owned. Total game changer.
(Of course my previous airbrush was a Paasche H... I absolutely despise that thing now.)

Man, I had that toy when I was a kid.
The yellow plastic wings confused me:
Are they supposed to be variable geometry, like a Tomcat?
Why don't they move?
WTF's going on here?
Why is there a Formula 1 race car spoiler on the front?
That's not in the show...

Also, re: airbrush = Go to flea markets.
My Dad surprised me one day with a Badger 150 he picked up at a flea market for 15 clams.
It's the best airbrush I've ever owned. Total game changer.
(Of course my previous airbrush was a Paasche H... I absolutely despise that thing now.)
The wings fold in....for no reason whatsoever.

The fin on the front is for safety. But yeah, it confused me too.

But I still love this toy.

It's only $20 for the new part, but I really want to get a top feeder. I'll look around and see if I can find a used one

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I own a Paasche airbrush and it's lasted me a lot longer than any of my previous ones, but for detail work you would want to investigate other brands. Perhaps Iwatta.

I own a Paasche airbrush and it's lasted me a lot longer than any of my previous ones, but for detail work you would want to investigate other brands. Perhaps Iwatta.
I've had a paasche millennium for a long time, but I'd like to get a top feed. I've heard that they are much better for cleaning

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back