All my props.

PredatoRay38

I've done so many props over the years, I wanted to share them with everyone. From Harbor Freight Ecto Goggles to a Lowe's made Sub-Zero Ice Sword. I will begin posting with pictures or videos of all my props. Feel free to ask any questions on how I made things or pointers. My goal is to do it the cheapest way possible with items I can find easily at a store or buy online.

For a starter, here is a youtube video of a recent Head Tracking - Predator Style Shoulder Cannon System I just finished.

https://youtu.be/PsNKP8c8nuQ

So it begins.....I'll start off with this beauty. My prop Replica Bioshock - Little Sister Adam Extractor.
I bought the gas handle on ebay, used a mini foldgers coffee bottle, a wooden dowel I was able to lathe down like a giant needle, and a baby bottle nipple. I painted and weather it. About the only thing I didn;t do was add an LED in the liquid of the bottle to make it look like it's glowing. Maybe a future upgrade.
Adam Extractor.jpg

Here's another. I made some Link Shields for my nieces. Mostly for wall decoration. I first made templates out of vanilla folder to get everything to fit close to reference pictures. I then cut it out of plywood using a scroll saw, sanded, and painted them. They do have straps on the back to actually carry them. 2 pics...raw then finished.

Link Shields Raw.jpg

Link Shields.jpg

Here is the prop pipe bomb I made from the game Left 4 Dead. It actually beeps (just like in the game) and blinks when a button is pressed. I used a bright yellow LED for the fuse.

Prop Pipe.jpg

My Lowe's built Medieval Shield. All the parts are from Lowe's Home Store (except the belt and and belt buckle....the buckle I got in Germany and thought it made it look cool). I stained it with regular old wood stain from Lowe's. I used a wood burning iron to burn in crickety board seams, and used a real hatchet to add battle scars. The round pine table tops at Lowe's are soft wood...do not use for real sword battles:). Would be great fro LARPing.

Shield Stuff.jpg Shield 1.jpg Shield 2.jpg

I'm going to separate this costume as single comment because I want to focus on the prop Ice Sword. I made a Non-Cannon Mortal Kombat Sub Zero Costume and his Ice Sword. I made the Sword out of Lexan sheeting material. The handle is chromed sink tubing, and the pommel is a clear faucet handle. I first created a 1:1 template from screen shots of MK: Armageddon and then cut out the design using my scroll saw slowly. The sword is actually 2 sheets glued together with the middle accents being a another small piece glued on both sides. I used my angle grinder to grind the edges out of shape and damaged like ice would be then used a Frosted spray paint to make it look like ice. If I was ever to make another I would reduce the size a little bit and add a blue LED in the handle to light up the blade.

SubZero1.jpg Subzero2.jpg

And...my Harbor Freight/Lowe's/RadioShack Ecto Goggles. The goggles are from Harbor Freight, The lens pieces are from Lowe's. It also has an inter green glow from green LEDs on each side and a red LED blinking on the front for added effect. These are not cannon to the movie franchise...but put these on someone wearing a Ghostbusters costume and it will be obvious.

Ecto goggles.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back