Mass effect Andromeda Helmet sculpt help

Appo 98

Hey!! :)

After playing Mass Effect Andromeda, I decided to build one of the two helmets: The n7 pathfinder helmet or ryders initiative helmet (I don't know which one I should choose^^)
IMG_0730.PNG IMG_0733.PNG
-----------
I found several reference pictures but my problem is that I don't know which modeling clay I should use(or how to get it because in Austria, it is impossible to get oil based clay-Perhaps someone can give me some recommendations where to buy it from?) It seems that many people are using the nsp medium clay or monster clay for sculpting. Is WED also an option or is it too soft? I guess soft clay isn't that useful for sculpting a life size helmet? (And creating a mold afterwards)I hope, someone can help me with my clay dilemma....

IMG_0730.PNG

IMG_0733.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wed clay is great for large sculpts as it's cheap and easy to work fast. However, I find that it's tough to create clean sharp edges in WED. Monster clay is also easy to work but I find it takes a bit longer to manipulate.

WED vs Monster Clay
Think of it as wet mud vs silly putty.

I prefer WED for organic soft shapes - animals, monster creatures, etc...or if I'm looking to complete a sculpt quickly. I like Monster clay for long term projects that require detail work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back