License To Drive- REBOOT

MooCriket

Master Member
http://deadline.com/2017/08/license...-female-leads-producer-john-davis-1202144226/
I guess having an all female cast this time will lead to a girl crush on a guy named...Lincoln, Ford, ....?!

Oh Holllywood...why?! Another reboot nobody wants. Was the first one even a hit? I can remember seeing it with my girlfriend in middle school who was seriously crushing on Haim. Who can forget Feldman's odd Michael Jackson fetish of dressing and trying to act like him on film and in real life...at least until 9/11.

Meh

I liked that movie, but it seems like an odd choice to reboot.

Don't really see how female leads really changes anything on this one. It just comes down to "Are the jokes good or not?" Also, as hard as it may be to believe now...back then the two Coreys were actually a draw for teen audiences. Need to find girls with similar draw.

Hollywood is struggling for ideas. "We will do a reboot! But turn it upside down and have an all female cast!" Meh, let's see something more original

http://deadline.com/2017/08/license...-female-leads-producer-john-davis-1202144226/
I guess having an all female cast this time will lead to a girl crush on a guy named...Lincoln, Ford, ....?!

Oh Holllywood...why?! Another reboot nobody wants. Was the first one even a hit? I can remember seeing it with my girlfriend in middle school who was seriously crushing on Haim. Who can forget Feldman's odd Michael Jackson fetish of dressing and trying to act like him on film and in real life...at least until 9/11.

Meh
It was a fun 80's movie that was definitely a sign of the time. My sister and I watch that movie sometimes, and its super fun. But what I dont understand, is how making the characters girls changes anything. Especially if its in the modern day. Who is asking for this? Nobody. It sucks to think how many original ideas are floating around out there, but hollywood not wanting to take a risk, goes the tired route of rebooting a movie that doesnt need to be made. :facepalm

I think this is more remake? Reboot would imply (at least to me) there was a moderately successful run of more than 1 flick or tv show. Redoing a mediocre one-off is remake.

I think this is more remake? Reboot would imply (at least to me) there was a moderately successful run of more than 1 flick or tv show. Redoing a mediocre one-off is remake.

Agreed. I think reboot has just become a trendy word to use.

Also that may be why this one doesn't really bother me, even though I tend to hate reboots. I don't see a franchise being changed, just a plot being recycled, which is, honestly, most movies these days, in some form or another. Least it's being honest about it.

Kids these days don't look forward to getting their license to drive. In fact they would rather call an Uber.
Is this true?

It definitely has been for my sister's kids. She has three over 16 and not one was driving yet on birthday. They all ended up getting license later that year like it was mildly interesting but not really important.

I just thought my sister raised weird kids. But, is this actually a millennial thing?

I couldn't wait to drive when I hit 16.

It's harder these days to get your license at 16. Most insurance companies requiring drivers ed, and schools restricting the age/time you can take it, etc.

Have a friend in michigan whose daughter had to wait past her birthday as well because the school wouldn't permit her to take the class until the semester she turned 16, therefore having to wait 3-4 extra months for the class to complete before getting a license.

Remember that scene where James Avery puts the coffee on the dashboard and tells Haim not to spill it?

Now it'll be Starbucks coffee or a smartphone with a leveling app.

I think they should just take reference from this old movie and make a "License to not drive"
Make it a comedy about dealing with autonomous cars..

Is this true?

It definitely has been for my sister's kids. She has three over 16 and not one was driving yet on birthday. They all ended up getting license later that year like it was mildly interesting but not really important.

I just thought my sister raised weird kids. But, is this actually a millennial thing?

I couldn't wait to drive when I hit 16.

I couldn't wait, either.
My nephew is 20 now and still balks at the idea of getting a drivers license.
He's just not even remotely interested.
I don't get it at all...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back