Webley-Fosbery Automatic Pistol 3D Print Build

madmacs

I wasn't able to find a Denix version of the Webley-Fosbery Automatic pistol. There are a few sources for the traditional revolver, but I really wanted the Auto version for my costume this Haloween.

This is the 6 round .455 cordite model. The one used in the Maltese Falcon was an 8 shot version in .38 I think.

I found a 3D mesh version here
https://hum3d.com/3d-models/webley-fosbery-automatic-revolver/

It's pretty good, but it's a Mesh, and I didn't pay for the solid model, so I had some work to do. The file comes with the parts, but really only the ones you see from the outside. The Barrel wasn't drilled through. I fixed that.

My goal is to get some of it functional. I would like the trigger to move, and I'd like to be able to open it for reloading. I'm not going to have it so the recoil operates the cylinder.

I've printed the parts in ABS. Most of the major components are done, and ready for assembly and finishing.

IMG_1016.JPG

To my knowledge no one has ever created a replica of any kind for this revolver. Not airsoft, not pot metal like a denix. Not a static resin version.

I think it's a cool old design. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I love the zig-zag pattern detail on the cylinder. Definitely an inspiration for some future-tech revolver/blaster. A bit like the WETA designs for Elysium.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the zig-zag pattern detail on the cylinder. Definitely an inspiration for some future-tech revolver/blaster. A bit like the WETA designs for Elysium.

This gun is a really cool piece of history and an interesting look at early "automatic" guns. Madmacs mentioned it briefly, there's a cam that runs in those grooves which indexes the cylinder after each shot, the entire upper frame of the revolver moves and the recoil powers the re-cocking and indexing mechanism.

There were other guns that used a similar cam system including the ill-fated Pancor Jackhammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went looking for your post just before I started, However all the photos in the post have literally kicked the Photobucket. So much great info on here is lost to dead end threads, and broken photo links. ;(

Yeah, Photobucket screwed a lot of people with that crap and I hope it costs them their business.

This pistol has interested me since (of course) it was briefly mentioned in "The Maltese Falcon." I'd love to build a solid or functioning replica. I have zero experience with 3D printing any good sources for an ignoramus like me? What equipment ($$) is required?
Here is a great resource on the pistol, even includes a copy of the pfd manual: http://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/webley-fosbery/
And a REAL pistol with nice photos for comparison: http://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...l-1914-w-7-5-quot-barrel.cfm?gun_id=100969551

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back