New 32" MF build

Lear60man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was cruising Ebay the other night and stumbled across this unfinished SS falcon build. The price was way to good to pass up since a lot of the work was already done. Turns out a member here was selling it so she gets to stay in the family. I just finished my Deagostini Falcon, so I figure this is the next logical step (logical......hahahah). Having the finished Deago sitting next to this will help tons with 'what part goes where'. Ill get some cast greeblies, scratch build some and I can always buy certain Deago issues to fill in the blanks.

My plan is to keep the build really clean and not paint it. There are some Deago builds in the studio scale commercial build sections that are amazing. Members have replaced almost all the plating and greeblies with the real model parts. Its like looking at the ILM build pics. This girl will show all the parts in natural form as much as possible.

A couple of pics from the Ebay listing:

Im sure there will be some things that need attention, but talk about getting a head start......... Stay tuned.

If i didn't have so many things going on i would have bid on this. Scott sold this way to cheap.

Or.....he passed it along to a loving father for a nominal adoption fee. I thought about this a little........but Im glad your plate is full.

Before Deago, there was two options; A) Scratch build your own. That means you have to have deep pockets for kit parts and a bunch of talent. B) You have even deeper pockets to buy a Master Replicas Falcon on the secondary market and pray it has a good paint job.

Today, both the above options are still available. But if you buy the Deago, you are going to pony up $1600, wait 12 months and have medium to advanced skills.

That brings us to this project. I feel like most SS Falcon builders fall into two camps, the ones who want to start from scratch and the guys who will buy the Deago. This girl fell into the middle, thus I was the only bidder.

I saw a canvas that had a lot of great work already done. After spending months working on the Deago, I wanted to do another SS Falcon but in more detail and unpainted like Kokkari's is right now. She is just as stunning naked as opposed to full paint. So this was the perfect platform for me to have fun. When finished, I will have two sexy women....one in lingerie and the other buck nekkid.

Can't wait to see where this goes! BTW your Deag looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the 2 side by side in the end.

Took some measurements from the bluprints that came with the Deago and decided to start from scratch on the mandibles. The left upper is not attached, but bottom left is. The upper turret plating is mostly done sans some side greebies and the six sided part that the gun yoke fits it.

Sorry for the camera angle...it tends to distort things a little.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back