WANTED : Han in Carbonite Panel Greeblie .STL Files

Jeditid

Hey guys

Does anyone know where you can get a set of the Panel greeblies for my HIC build ??

I know you can get a printed set for £170 on Shapeways etc - but there's 4 of us building HIC's and so if we can get the STL files we can print them ourselves ??

Any help gratefully received.

Also - any idea how may days it takes for the PVA to go off when layering up for the carbonite ?

No idea to the PVA Question but for the greeblies I've found it best to ask a 3D modeller to do the stuff I can't do. I'm sure there are people on these forums that'll do custom work for you, If that doesn't pan out I had luck with a couple of guys on Etsy for some custom work so you could try there also.

Im just starting a HIC build and looking for parts myself. Hell if you get me dimensions ill design these greeblies. I just saw them on Shapeways. Im not paying that much for them.

Also - any idea how may days it takes for the PVA to go off when layering up for the carbonite ?

It does take a while to set, really depends on how much you are laying down at a time, time of year, heating etc. I put a 5 litre down first to completely cover the area, waited about 30-40 hours, then started pouring random puddles, waiting a day, then more puddles, repeat and repeat...... and finally working it a bit at the end to get to texture right. Big issue is the shrinkage. It pretty much halves its volume when dry. I ended up using about 25 litres of PVA to get mine to where I was happy with it.

Thanks for the heads up on the PVA - mines just not setting - so am going to pour a load off and do it in stages again. Really frustrating but has allowed me time to get on with the panels. I'm looking at photos and think that filler sanded down could also be used over the top of the PVA when poured. So may give that a go, certainly some of the shapes look a lot more angular than puddles of PVA.

IN terms of the other bits too - I think we're at that stage - I agree the shapeways stuff is way too expensive, I've cut the small rings myself from 19mm chrome tubing and thats worked. Still trying to source other bits - but probably will farm this out to someone at some point. £240 from shapeways is just too much money for what it is.

I think the 19mm tubing would be best for those. Really all i need is some rough estimates. Im just starting out on this so i don't have a good idea on how big all those greeblies are yet. But I think if i can either get my hands on a Panel or get some really good measurements off one i could use that as a reference for the greeblies. To bet honest i think i'm just going to design the panels and everything.

Just finished these today. Now that i have them done i can look at doing greeblies to scale/fit
HIC Panel 3.jpgHIC Panel 1.jpgHIC Panel 2.jpg

Thats true. I did jump on that last year. I should have these ones done by then as well might be worth a shot and see how much they cost to get them from shapeways.

Hey guys,
I spent a ton of times designing my own greeblies and had them machined too! They look awesome and have been very popular until I ran out .. I really didn't know so many builders would get them!

As for the rest of the greeblies, yes, 19mm (3/4") with 1/32" thickness is what you're looking for the cylinders and the closest to the screen prop.
I've also spent tons of times tracking down originals and cast them! I don't even use my originals on my own build! lol

You can check my build thread about it, tons of information in it!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back