Order 66 and the brain chip

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I thought the idea of the clone troopers having a chip in their head to make them comply with Order 66 was kind of lame. I liked the idea from the Republic Commando books that Order 66 was just a list of contingency orders covering all kinds of things. What got me thinking the other day is that we know from TCW that the chip supposedly makes them comply with Order 66, but does the chip also wipe away their memory of following it? I ask because I'm thinking that would traumatize the troops who already feel like they're being used, not to mention that they carried out an order that they wouldn't necessarily be sure of. I still think that if they got that order from the Chancellor they would follow it because it went through the chain of command. So there's no reason for most of them to question it. It's also didn't look like any of the commanders had a switch flipped when they got the order, they responded normally. I remember previously Lucasfilm and/or Lucas said that Order 66 was not programmed, so Lucas either changed his mind or just meant it wasn't something learned during flash training.

I also think they cut off a lot of interesting stories, a few of which have been done in the old EU, of clones, usually commanders, ARC Troopers, or Commandos, that questioned the order or refused to carry it out without explanation. I think most of the regular clones who had their genes messed with to be more compliant would have probably followed the order immediately because they had little choice.

I never read they had a chip in their heads, but there's a lot of old EU I haven't read. Or is it new EU?

My interpretation is they had this and several orders (at least 66 of them) "programed" into them as in part of their training/conditioning/compliance. It may in fact be programmed on a more genetic level.

I'm curious what some of the other 65 orders were, for example:
#17- exterminate Senate
#22- dance off
#33- surrender
#58 - stand down, return to base

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They listed some of them in the Republic Commando books. The only thing I could find online is here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cont...ublic:_Order_Initiation,_Orders_1_Through_150

People who don't like that Order 66 was one of many normal orders say "Why would the Jedi just go along with that?" I think the Jedi were thinking "Well we'd never do that so we don't have to worry about it." Not to mention most of the Jedi were so arrogant (including the Council members) that they thought they had a handle on things.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back