Just watched The Empire Strikes Back : Revisited.....

Just got it myself. It is AMAZING. I love it! I'm doing ANH:R now, so looking forward to watching that too. I've been wanting this cut since I first heard about it back in 2011, when I discovered the YouTube videos demoing some of the edits. Any speculation on when RotJ will be released?

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this! The only Star Wars edits I've known my whole life are the VHS and the Specialized versions, which I know are not the best ones out there.

I want to download this but have never done any sort of download/torrent like this before...should I be wary of anything, or is this specific file totally safe?

I'm really interested in this! The only Star Wars edits I've known my whole life are the VHS and the Specialized versions, which I know are not the best ones out there.

I want to download this but have never done any sort of download/torrent like this before...should I be wary of anything, or is this specific file totally safe?
Pretty much if your gut tells you it seems suspicious it probably is. Also, NEVER put in a credit card number to any of these sites. At least, that's my rule of thumb.

Wow! I have absolutely no idea what any of that means. I wish I did because I'd really like to get a copy of this.
Nobody does until they learn. Nothing to it, but to do it, though I was lucky enough to have a friend to help me. First, make sure you've downloaded ALL the files before extracting them, or else you'll end up with only half the movie. To extract them, you'll need an extraction tool program, like Winrar, though I'm partial to 7zip as it still lets me access my files through Windows instead of only through the extraction program. What you do is, once all the files are downloaded, and you have the extraction tool of your choice downloaded, right click on the first file you downloaded (should be the first file in the lineup if you didn't take the organizer off its defaults) and it'll extract the file from the .zip folder for you. If you run into trouble, I'm sure there's instructions on YouTube or on the internet to help you along if you get stuck.

What the heck are you guys talking about?
Just giving friendly liberation advice. The first time I ever torrented I ended up accidentally downloading some nasty virus that took me 4 hours and 3 different malware removal programs to get rid of. My friend told me I was the worst pirate he ever heard of. :p I was unaware of the Facebook link on this one, and because unlike ANH:R, there's no link on Adywan's website for it yet, I ended up just torrenting this one.

Anyone willing to trade a copy of the ANH R and ESB R pm message me. I am not tech savvy and would not even begin to know how to download anything.

Been looking at his changes list and a few clips, and....this is SO not for me. (Although I'm not surprised because I felt the same way about his ANH.)

He replaced their perfectly fine mountains with... his mountains.
He replaced their perfectly fine clouds with... his clouds.
He replaced their perfectly fine vehicles with... his vehicles.
and so on with starfields, asteroids, buildings, etc etc etc.

So much "fixed" that ain't broke.

"Added shot of Vader walking towards front bridge windows to fix continuity problem"

There was no continuity problem. So he had crossed the bridge offscreen while we were seeing what the folks on the Falcon were up to. So?
If you leave the bedroom while your wife is in bed, and return in a minute to find her standing by the dresser, are you confused? Do you need her to explain she got up?
No.

SO much stuff like this, the results of folks overanalyzing and overthinking, and not thinking like filmmakers.

Well executed, though, and nice color correction, and yeah, there are fixes that IMO are more "legit", but the movie is what it is, and none of the "mistakes" take away from it one bit.

But it's his baby, and I'm happy for him he finished what he started.

But it won't be in this fan's collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I guess it was working a bit too well as I just received a notice from Dropbox that my link was temporarily suspended due to excessive traffic. Considering my storage space is currently 365 percent of allowed, I'm not surprised. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back