Just watched The Empire Strikes Back : Revisited.....

Looks absolutely stunning and sounds incredible. You know something is different but it feels like it was always like that. :thumbsup

Well, I'm just going to go out on a limb here, but if anyone would be willing to burn me a copy I would be more than happy to pay for the discs, all the postage, and even some for your time and effort.

PM me if interested. Sure would appreciate it.

This? >>> image.jpeg

Not to be a Debbie-Downer here, but I have a quick point to make.

We talk about the bastardization of these films and how Lucas should have never altered them to begin with, but then Ady comes in with this revisited and did some changes to what he felt were things that should have been done. There's no doubt he did some wonderful things I would have much preferred over the special editions we ended up getting from LFL, but... being Devil's advocate here.... What makes Ady's version not a bastardization of the originals versus the film creator's own changes in his intended and approved final vision he released?

I certainly don't think any of what he did was bad, BUT technically the revisited's are altered.

That being said, the colors are FAR better in this than the SE. The visuals are more tastefully updated than the SE. I would have been happy with this overall as a special edition.

We talk about the bastardization of these films and how Lucas should have never altered them to begin with, but then Ady comes in with this revisited and did some changes to what he felt were things that should have been done. There's no doubt he did some wonderful things I would have much preferred over the special editions we ended up getting from LFL, but... being Devil's advocate here.... What makes Ady's version not a bastardization of the originals versus the film creator's own changes in his intended and approved final vision he released?

I certainly don't think any of what he did was bad, BUT technically the revisited's are altered.

That being said, the colors are FAR better in this than the SE. The visuals are more tastefully updated than the SE. I would have been happy with this overall as a special edition.

I can choose to watch Adywans version....he hasn't made the original or previous versions unavailable,...this is a what if?

J

True point. Had George done these exact changes, people would have still complained 20 years ago.

Ady has corrected colours, jump cuts, lightsaber consistency, matte boxes, dialogue, continuity errors. If Lucas had approached the SE with the same mindset we wouldn't care so much about the unaltered theatrical release. Yeah, Ady has added a few things of his own but I believe it was done for the love of these movies and certainly not for financial gain. GL used the SE as a test bed for new digital sfx and again to tie them to the disperate prequels, none of which do anything to enhance the final movies or to fix technological restraints of the time.

I had to delete it from my Dropbox. I received a notice from Dropbox via LFL to remove the copyrighted material.

So much for that. If you want it, you'll have to torrent it yourself.

Last edited:
Is there a way to get this legally without the DVD burn gyrations? I'm in Canada.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I get a giggle of hearing my nine year old pick out additions and corrections (even if they really aren't). Lol!

Ady has corrected colours, jump cuts, lightsaber consistency, matte boxes, dialogue, continuity errors. If Lucas had approached the SE with the same mindset we wouldn't care so much about the unaltered theatrical release. Yeah, Ady has added a few things of his own but I believe it was done for the love of these movies and certainly not for financial gain. GL used the SE as a test bed for new digital sfx and again to tie them to the disperate prequels, none of which do anything to enhance the final movies or to fix technological restraints of the time.

Ady also did what Lucasfilm couldn't-- take the time to be consistent with the changes and look at the movie as a whole, as opposite to just cherry picking certain scenes to showcase with changes. The SE changed with every release as more was done because there were always time and money constraints to the work being done. They'll probably tweak it again on the next go.

It always annoyed me that some things that could have been left alone (Wampa cave) were redone while things that needed work (Obi-Wan/Vader duel) were ignored or half-assed. Or in some cases-- arbitrary changes that made no sense and added nothing like reshooting the LOOK SIR DROIDS scene, or changing Vader's exit from Cloud City. Again-- annoying that these happened when stuff that needed work was left alone.

There was also a lot of QC problems with the changes-- missing sound effects, wrong lightsaber colors, poorly edited music cues, etc.

The enhancements of the SE never bothered me that much. The idea of expanding the scope of things and pulling off shots they couldn't do originally was cool. Like others have said, it was Lucas trying to change history that rubbed people the wrong way. Also, the addition of things that altered the tone of the film-- Han shooting first, cutesy Jawa tricks, Jedi Rocks, etc.

I would love to see this, but I have no way to burn a dvd or make a blu-ray. My only real computer is my work one, and I can't download this onto it. Would anyone be willing to burn me a copy? PM if you can!

I would love to see this, but I have no way to burn a dvd or make a blu-ray. My only real computer is my work one, and I can't download this onto it. Would anyone be willing to burn me a copy? PM if you can!

I asked the same earlier. No one replied. Good luck. Am willing to trade something for the help. Not asking for anything free. Just the help.

Yeah, I'll pay shipping/cost of DVD...I mainly want this on DVD so my kids can watch it in my truck. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back