Blade Runner Collection_PATROLMAN Blaster BOX

Re: BradWright_Blade Runner Collection

Oh yes, you've been stung by the BR Blaster bug ;)
Well and truly, though the metal/resin sidkit has to be sacrificed for its metal frame, as i broke the original of this trying to remove that barrel! epoxy will sort it, but the rusted blaster is going to be re done.

lol fooled me :D
i had thought wtf, the original prop is looking really worse for ware :D not been looked after in storage very well...

I wonder how a BR blaster would look in a cold-blue/case-hardened finish.

345132-2.jpg

Polished walnut grips, and that rich blue with the oil look for details. How would you go about even making ​that look anyway?

Re: Blade Runner Collection(New Blaster with light up grips)

Finished up the Sidkit, with Teddz Steel barrel. Light up grips is something I've always wanted to try, ever since reading the theory of the originals. As mentioned before, I went for a different finish, my own blaster.

newblaster4.jpgnewblaster3.jpgnewblaster2.jpgnewblaster1.jpgnewblaster5.jpgnewblaster8.jpgnewblaster7.jpgnewblaster6.jpggunss.jpg

I used to be kinda lukewarm on lights in the BR grips. This build's got me coming around, though, I gotta say. Those look fantastic!

I used to be kinda lukewarm on lights in the BR grips. This build's got me coming around, though, I gotta say. Those look fantastic!

I would be excited to see your results, your builds are next level stuff!

Had to sacrifice the rusted blaster for its frame, as I had broken the previous blaster frame....in 3 places. So I stripped the rust paint off it, and obviously it was never going to be perfect. So I hit it with wrinkle paint as Ive fallen in love with it, since my E11 Blaster build. Made it somewhat tactical.
DklXNVXWwAAtFwV.jpg

Given the fact its the start of the year for being a replicant hunter, I spent this morning reworking the finishes of some of my blasters. Read up more on Richard Coyles anaylsis of the screen compared to the worldcon/auction prop. Also added some contrast to my personal blaster( If I was a blade runner!). It has leds in the grips as a nod to the believed light grips the original may of had in an early production iteration.

20190112_105228-01.jpeg
And a question; How are people polishingthe grips on the 2049 tomens. I really dislike that frosted look and much prefer the sidkits grips. The tomen only looks polished here from a scrub of wd40.
20190112_105340-01.jpeg
Sidkit more towards the current real prop. I used Mart Raats personal photos of the real gun as a guide to match the metal colour.
20190112_105923-01.jpeg 20190112_105707-01.jpeg 20190112_110032-01.jpeg

20190112_105447-01.jpeg 20190112_105522-01.jpeg 20190112_105610-01.jpeg

Super cute! Looks approx half scale, maybe a hair under. Remember that means it's an eighth of the volume, hence why it'll feel super tiny.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back