Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

20 May 2018 OWEEE!! Saturday was a day I had set aside and planned for about three weeks. I had barely got started when BAM! The Viper frame of module two slipped off it's alignment lugs and dropped with full force onto my finger on the saw-horse underneath it. The force mashed the meat of my finger so that it popped out the side and fractured the bone. Five hours of waiting in the Emergency Department of my local hospital and the daylight was gone.

Since then, I've rested a little but started to test what I can do with the remaining fingers while trying to keep the bandaged one out of harm's way.

I've tinkered a little, adjusting an undersized former in module and screwed in a couple of electrical busses to hook all my 12V instruments into for easy connection and fault diagnosis, I've also welded in the guides for the lifting poles for a two-person carry of a module.

Tonight I managed to get module two into position at full height with some creative rope-work and careful chocking. Made a sturdy frame under it that bolts to the saw-horse so it shouldn't drop on my finger again.

Sorry to hear about your accident mate . Looks bloody painful - here’s hoping it’ll recover quickly with no lasting damage !

Ged .

^^^ Thanks George.

More skinning last night with one hand tied behind my back...

F1tz6Pw.jpg

F1tz6Pw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When it's finished, you need to add some kill markers, and include a drawing of your thumb in the middle of it.

Looking bloody fantastic, honestly. Hope the hand heals up well and soon.

Sorry about your hand, accidents in the middle of a project suck. Don't kill yourself to keep the project moving. It'll still be there when you're better. By the way great work, I check this thread regularly.

I spent most of today and well into the night working on skinning the Viper fuselage. Got most of it done too. Polystyrene everywhere! Big job that I've been putting off, but it's been a day well spent.

I also stuck on some layers over an erroneous contour between modules one and two, caused by an undersized former at the end. Not sure how it happened, but I've build it up and will sand it back to correct the line later. Toothpicks proved very handy to hold the layers in place while the glue went tacky.

IhHR4cx.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

IhHR4cx.jpg

IhHR4cx.jpg

IhHR4cx.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

IhHR4cx.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

IhHR4cx.jpg

sft2tiq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see your Ed209 project hasn't stopped progress on this awesome project!

It's a nice little, "in between" project, where I can sit in one place indoors and tinker. But yes, the Viper must take priority. Now that my broken finger is nearly healed, I can focus more on the big jobs.

Today was a big day!! I’ve been waiting to get onto the engines as they are the last of the big stuff and bring it all together.

This morning I got two sets of engine formers printed, stencilled and cut.

Thanks to my friends Patrick for the CAD drawings and David for the packaging ply. I had just enough to get them all done.

aS9fNO5.jpg

lAzdQgl.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back