Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

Time has been difficult to juggle, but I managed to get a bit of work in on the project here and there.

I've started making link for the 30mm cannon ammunition so I can make up two belts of 15 for each wing.

BhUqmKv.jpg

mUZlDkL.jpg

IcnHmjZ.jpg

1WTeHbl.jpg

JrA5iFk.jpg

OPM2K1G.jpg

I've also finished bringing the interior walls up to the window sill so now I can bring the outer hull skin all the way up to meet them for an air-seal with the canopy frame.

Iguw91V.jpg

I've also started the ejector seat configuration, starting with a spacer box underneath to raise it and provide a base to build the rest of the unit from. I also cut the top of the seat off as they did with the original prop to allow for the headrest and integrated systems in the top of the seat.

dCwOEdr.jpg

6oMQOss.jpg

BhUqmKv.jpg

mUZlDkL.jpg

IcnHmjZ.jpg

1WTeHbl.jpg

JrA5iFk.jpg

OPM2K1G.jpg

Iguw91V.jpg

dCwOEdr.jpg

6oMQOss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Thanks JB. :D

My shaping press worked for a few, but then it started distorting and I was constantly having to bash it back into shape. So, I went back to the drawing board and strengthened it with plate steel and welded another pipe inside the 40mm pipe to stop it from squashing. The results are much more consistent.

v8dVlCC.jpg

7jpaFoP.jpg

vSrZkjC.jpg

v8dVlCC.jpg

7jpaFoP.jpg

vSrZkjC.jpg

Nice ordinance Baz!

Got more panels and painting done on mine plus finalizing of my seat arrangement:
IMG_20180126_055547969.jpg

I plan to put an LED strip under the hood above the instrument panel.

This picture shows the seat to joystick arrangement. It is still a reach and after watching a scene in BSG I could tell Starbuck had to reach forward a bit so they didn't design this with ergonomics in mind.

IMG_20180126_055608245.jpg

The box under the seat houses the PC sound system subwoofer which I have tapped to also run the two bass shakers in the seat.

I wanted to at least make some attempt to make the back end of the rounds look like they have primers in them, so I used a 20mm spade bit to drill a hole and countersunk ring, then bashed in clout nails to be ground and polished later.

Z5PMZnm.jpg

qKXx6d0.jpg

gv4uIiJ.jpg

kQIoNk0.jpg

sFrLeAU.jpg

I also changed from rubbish pine to a hardwood made from half a dozen old rotten tree stakes. After sorting through them and cutting off the rotten half, I salvaged enough from the rubbish pile to turn a few more bullets. They turn much nicer.

pm7A8Lb.jpg

Full story on the ammo here http://www.buildsbybaz.com/mk-ii-viper-munitions/

Z5PMZnm.jpg

qKXx6d0.jpg

gv4uIiJ.jpg

kQIoNk0.jpg

sFrLeAU.jpg

pm7A8Lb.jpg

Z5PMZnm.jpg

Z5PMZnm.jpg

qKXx6d0.jpg

qKXx6d0.jpg

Z5PMZnm.jpg

gv4uIiJ.jpg

qKXx6d0.jpg

gv4uIiJ.jpg

kQIoNk0.jpg

gv4uIiJ.jpg

sFrLeAU.jpg

kQIoNk0.jpg

kQIoNk0.jpg

pm7A8Lb.jpg

sFrLeAU.jpg

sFrLeAU.jpg

pm7A8Lb.jpg

pm7A8Lb.jpg

Back to working on the cockpit. These instrument side shelves require careful fabrication. Slowing down and actually bought dressed timber this time, instead of rough ply.

The shelves in the screen-used prop were vacuformed and textured plastic. I am thinking I can achieve the same using timber and sanding it smooth, then using hammer-finish paint to achieve similar texture.

smoY1Fv.jpg

K7UErXZ.jpg

3uorbmm.jpg

smoY1Fv.jpg

K7UErXZ.jpg

3uorbmm.jpg

Those ammo-belts are amazing:cool Eager to see how you're going to pull that building of panels (maybe a bead of silicone to smooth the angles would do). Hammer paint will work miracles mate;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back