Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

I've been researching the instrumentation inside the cockpit, drawing from several sources around the internet. Mostly I'm trying to keep it as accurate as I can, and I really like the cockpit layout in the life size MK II that went up for auction a few years back.

Many of the instruments are everyday items in modern aviation, along with a few consumer bits of tech for the last 40 years or so.

Some of the instruments I can source on ebay and the like, others I just have to scratch build. All I needed was a known dimension so that I could scale the rest, using educated guesswork and a Vernier caliper.

I have an altimeter being sent to me, but these other two instruments I have built from scratch, using the Perspex from a refrigerator crisper drawer, a discarded McDonalds food tray and some printed reference photos hot off the internet.

OXMQCpe.jpg

QLwSgY4.jpg

kC9UbeR.jpg

Fun stuff already!! I think your build would be even greater if you'd just add some details on your instruments; nothing crazy, just the needles cut in plastic (not the numbers...that's too crazy) it would certainly add an air of authenticity. Keep up the great work:cool

Fun stuff already!! I think your build would be even greater if you'd just add some details on your instruments; nothing crazy, just the needles cut in plastic (not the numbers...that's too crazy) it would certainly add an air of authenticity. Keep up the great work:cool

Oh them... they're just mock-ups for now. I have real instruments coming. Three on their way already. Hence the radiation warning.

Baz.

You mean to say that if your instruments were working, you'd take a spin in that C.Viper:eek...then again, seeing what you did with your IronMan costume, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd try mate:D!

Finished up on the stringers on module 2 at the back. Bolted in a top reinforcing longeron on module 2, some strengthening brackets on module 1. Happy that module 1 is going to support itself on the end of module 2, so it's now onto skinning it with some foam and beginning to sculpt.

Also, the port side switch for the cockpit arrived in the mail. A rare find and thanks to another Overclockers member for helping me with that.

gHEf884.jpg

vkdlSbJ.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back