Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

After a colour correction, I moved onto the port side instrument shelf.

8MFEX8Z.jpg

vdN345I.jpg

CoT1bpa.jpg

yINBrCW.jpg

evdwL55.jpg

Some tweaking to do now to make the starboard shelf fit. There's a former block in the way of one of the protruding instruments. Job for another day. I think I might even have a little sleep tonight.

KNcqTum.jpg

8MFEX8Z.jpg

vdN345I.jpg

CoT1bpa.jpg

yINBrCW.jpg

evdwL55.jpg

KNcqTum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I am working my way up the sides as well and was debating on what to make the side panels from. Looks like wood works pretty well! You really pulled off all the contouring! I'll see if I can get those labels printed and sent out to you since you are getting close!IMG_20180202_211438870.jpg

Last edited:
Starting the ejector seat configuration with a spacer box underneath to raise it and provide a base to build the rest of the unit from. I also cut the top of the seat off as they did with the original prop to allow for the headrest and integrated systems in the top of the seat. The padded cover just gets folded back and stitched behind the seat to dress it off.

4eqjPDW.jpg

Building the sides and top was tricky and a bit of trail and error. I only really had three half-decent photos to work from at different angles, but they were difficult to translate into shape and size with such limited views and details. I made a frame out of plywood which was pretty basic to back the seat and hug it's contours. Then I started from the top, as the pictures I have are of it are best from there. Working my way down, it was a bit of improvisation with limited materials, but I managed to find a happy approximation.

Again, I found it a big money saver to use cardboard first to freehand the shapes and fit, then transfer to half inch plywood once I had established the form. I'll add in small details later, but that's the main construction finished. It was quite a challenge.

oFNhyBc.jpg

0fb5dpW.jpg

5s0PDrZ.jpg

dqhSpdv.jpg

Full story here >> http://www.buildsbybaz.com/cockpit-interior-fit-out/

4eqjPDW.jpg

oFNhyBc.jpg

0fb5dpW.jpg

5s0PDrZ.jpg

dqhSpdv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooo Brilliantly Cool mate ! :p . That’s looking fantastic , and , like so much fun ! - Not necessarily the hard graft at making it so maybe , but the pleasure of ‘ playing ‘ with it or having to try it out , for research and posterity of course , whenever possible eh !? .

Really appreciate your sharing and updates :thumbsup

:cheersGed

BRILLIANT!!!

I had dreams of putting together a small cockpit a few years ago. Wasn't sure where I would put it. You got this dream up off the flight deck. And soon, the entire ship.

WIll you have space for the engines in the same area? Or will you need to store it in sections?

Last edited:
So fracking incredible! What an amazing project. You need to find some property and display... people would to pose standing next to it. Or take it to conventions and charge for pictures sitting in the cockpit. Really awesome work!!!

Absa - bloody - lutly - brilliant Baz !!! :eek Wishing I had me some friends with know how like that !

You planning on a HUD as well down the track ?

Thanks for sharing ,

:cheersGed

Epic build mate! Your going to town on this!

perhaps you should keep the CD player so you can play a soundtrack of Battlestar drumming music and All Along the Watchtower

Epic build mate! Your going to town on this!

perhaps you should keep the CD player so you can play a soundtrack of Battlestar drumming music and All Along the Watchtower

Thanks mate. There's no CD player behind the slot. Don't worry, the engine speakers can double as a DJ box.

^^^ Thanks Joberg. :D

Modules 4 & 5, main engine block.

Starting behind the cockpit firewall and continuing for another 3 metres, is the last parts of the fuselage that the three main engines will attach to. Again, I am using plywood formers, spaced and supported on a rigid welded steel frame.

XjLv7UJ.jpg

15Wsg2p.jpg

pvZESas.jpg

lNDKdmP.jpg

Will this even take off?!? It seems way too heavy with the wood and steel!

You might have missed some numbers there Baz!?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back