Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

My anonymous benefactor in the States has just made me feel like a kid again!!

The genuine fabric for the Viper Pilot flight suit is amazing. Nothing like what I imagined. So glad I didn't try to source a near enough alternative in Australia, just guessing from photos. Every photo I've seen of it looks different. It is made by Sommers and hasn't been in production for years. It is over $50USD a yard but for them to make it again, they require a minimum order of 250 yards.

So privileged and blessed to get the four yards I need for the flight suit. For the cost of postage. Not only that, he has included some of the materials for the vest and some samples of the original material that can no-longer be sources, but I can use these to find alternatives at Spotlight, Lincraft and other such fabric stores.

He's even gone to the trouble to trace out the entire pattern for me.

Totally blown away by such kindness.

Full story on flight-suit here. http://www.buildsbybaz.com/viper-pilot-flight-suit/

UAY8ZoN.jpg

pmMYvz4.jpg

hi0GdtF.jpg

UAY8ZoN.jpg

pmMYvz4.jpg

hi0GdtF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"red bull gives you wings" ;)

Trivia fact : Red Bull was actually sued because a person drank the red bull and wings did NOT spring from their back and allow them to fly.
Red Bull settled the case and the commercial now says, "Red Bull gives you wiings." (intentionally 2 i's)

So, if you pour Red Bull in the fuel tank, the Viper will not be able to fly under the current commercial.

Last edited:
"red bull gives you wings" ;)

Trivia fact : Red Bull was actually sued because a person drank the red bull and wings did NOT spring from their back and allow them to fly.
Red Bull settled the case and the commercial now says, "Red Bull gives you wiings." (intentionally 2 i's)

So, if you pour Red Bull in the fuel tank, the Viper will not be able to fly under the current commercial.

Riight......

Moving on...

I am currently working on a Viper mk2 cockpit interior for my BSG themed man cave, so stumbling across this thread was like finding pure gold!
Thank you for your amazing work.

Cheers, Evert

I have indeed been blessed with a group of people who have gone above and beyond to help me with this full-sized viper build. My good friend Andrew W has been working tirelessly, hour after hour, night after night to send me test videos as he works towards the final draft, and here it is! Bloody brilliant job Andrew!

What an amazing build! Your quite mad, in the SofaKing kind of way!

I really love how you've made a very convincing instrument panel using bottle stops and pieces of wood!

Rear landing gear. Fifteen degree angle, two axis each leg. Plenty of room inside the cladding to weld in a reinforcement spine along the single width.

olqsDWA.jpg

ZNfoDyq.jpg

aovGT8p.jpg

Qs80Qml.jpg

qPunpmr.jpg

olqsDWA.jpg

ZNfoDyq.jpg

aovGT8p.jpg

Qs80Qml.jpg

qPunpmr.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back