The Flash Helmet justice league 3d model help with textures??

michsmel

hey, so im pretty new at 3d modeling so i dont really even know the basics but ive used anim8or to model up ezras flash helmet and i have to say im pretty happy with it, this thing is i have no idea how to ad the hexagon textures to the side of the helmet and the lines that go around the face? anyone know how and could help?

I'm not familiar with this particular helmet, but anything you want printed has to be modeled (unless you have a highest-end printer that will work with texture files). If there are textures on the prop, each one has to be modeled in your mesh. Not good news, but great modeling practice!
Or you could print a basic version and add textures and greebles physically. Not very efficient, and you'd have to do all that work again if you ever want to make another helmet.

its pretty low quality aha but heres a look of what i have flash1.PNGflash2.PNGflash3.PNG

That's looking good! One benefit of modeling for printing rather than for rendering, is you can add details on top of the base mesh without destroying the form. As long as you follow the requirements of whatever printer software you are using (material thickness; overhangs; duplicates; dead spaces; etc) the printer will identify the file as one piece.

the do3d picture above's texture is in the file. It's not accurate to the movie, most the suit isn't. There is someone i've seen on one of the various 3d printing facebook pages who is working on a screen accurate model, all the details are modelled in with zbrush

yeah ive recently found some new photos and i know do3d is totally inaccurate. does anyone know of a tutorial that can help me apply the 3d textures?? i dont want to print them out separately and attach them

the do3d picture above's texture is in the file. It's not accurate to the movie, most the suit isn't. There is someone i've seen on one of the various 3d printing facebook pages who is working on a screen accurate model, all the details are modelled in with zbrush
Could that be me? I've been posting my progress a lot on Facebook, and I'm doing all the detailing in zbrush, also aiming for screen accuracy :p

- - - Updated - - -

yeah ive recently found some new photos and i know do3d is totally inaccurate. does anyone know of a tutorial that can help me apply the 3d textures?? i dont want to print them out separately and attach them
The big thing with the textures is a good pc, and patience, its a loooottt of work. but Zbrush Alphas are the way to go, register for the zbrush trial (please don't pirate the software) and try it out!

Could that be me? I've been posting my progress a lot on Facebook, and I'm doing all the detailing in zbrush, also aiming for screen accuracy :p
indeed it would be, loving the progress so far man, just couldnt remember your page at the time i commented before XD

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back