Anovos OT Stormtrooper Kit is finally here

TK765

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well after a long wait it has finally arrived. As you can see everything is in one plastic bag with a few of the smaller items in their own bag. Face and dome have a protective film on them. Decals for both regular trooper or sandtrooper versions, ESB version would have been nice but is not included.

View attachment 20170811_204442.jpg
View attachment 20170811_211533.jpg

20170811_204534.jpg20170811_204554.jpg
20170811_205123.jpg20170811_211755.jpg

Last edited:
Anovos hasn't specifically said what the source was for the OT stormtrooper. The full kit description says "This kit includes details duplicated using 3D scans and reference taken from the original asymmetrical hand sculpted assets combined with idealized elements.".

It is a combination of original asymetry and wonkiness with cleaned up features. Some people like the more idealized look. Others prefer all of the warts on something like an RS suit. Many of the previously available suits have much softer details.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Mine arrived Thursday and I started on it yesterday. I managed to get the ear gaps as close as I could without trimming, but it took quite a few small screws to get the cheek tubes where they needed to be. I drove myself crazy trying to get the alignment right until I realized it was the cheek tubes throwing everything off. Please excuse all the trial and error holes haha.

36409892531_4bc8133fef_b.jpg

36409889151_424d371cc6_b.jpg

36409887821_c7aa844392_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bucket of bolts!!!

36409895111_8e90e643aa_b.jpg

36409897291_aca0ee3b6a_b.jpg

Looks great! And looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad to see anovos is doing these "kits"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived Thursday and I started on it yesterday. I managed to get the ear gaps as close as I could without trimming, but it took quite a few small screws to get the cheek tubes where they needed to be. I drove myself crazy trying to get the alignment right until I realized it was the cheek tubes throwing everything off. Please excuse all the trial and error holes haha.

You don't really need to have a perfect fit for the ears. They weren't perfect on the screen used either: http://starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

Yeah, I looked at the "Set for stun" trooper original helmet pics to get a baseline, but the ear gap on one side was huge, around 1/4 to 1/2 inch depending on how the ear piece was rotated. The gap on the other side was pretty good without any mods, but I tightened it up to stiffen the helmet up overall.

This is is a great kit as-is. So far the one ear gap is the only headache I've had.

I got my helmet kit and I finished trimming the eyes and grill today. I was trying to eyeball where to put the two holes to bring the front and back together and I'm not confident in myself enough to drill it yet. Does anyone have advice on the best way to do this?

I got my helmet kit and I finished trimming the eyes and grill today. I was trying to eyeball where to put the two holes to bring the front and back together and I'm not confident in myself enough to drill it yet. Does anyone have advice on the best way to do this?

The best way is to use some clamps (pictured below) to hold the face and dome/back together while you position them to get the right look. Prior to this drill a hole on each side of the dome/back around the ear section (circled in red). That way when you get the placement right you just mark the spot to drill holes in the face piece. Make sure to assemble the entire bucket with nuts and bolts so you can adjust it further if you need. When you get it where you want it then you can rivet the face and dome/back together.

042526931642.jpg ma06.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back