Bald cap using baldiez help

Nen1217

Hello every one I am making a bald cap using baldiez original mix w\ 1:1 acetone.
this is my first time making a bald cap and i am having a hard time making this, a couple of questions

-how long does the process take?
-what & where do i buy the acetone? i never noticed there where so many and the ones i have seen at store look more like for nail polish remover
-what kind of sponge should i be using to apply bald cap to red head model? i was using a regular dish washing sponge and would get stuck to it
-should i be using baby powder in between layers?
-how many layers?

any help would be appreciated, i am trying to cosplay GOTG Nebula and well need that bald cap thank you all

I've only ever used an airbrush to do a Baldiez cap but I think you don't need to thin it if you are applying it to a redhead with a sponge. Typically you would thin cap plastic to run it through an airbrush.

But to answer your questions specifically:
-a couple of hours? depending on how fast you work and how long it takes each layer to dry completely (you probably want to use a hairdryer to dry each layer and speed the process along) If you don't have a stand for your redhead, I'd recommend getting one because your hand is gonna get tired if you're holding it the whole time.
-You can probably buy acetone at the same place you bought the Baldiez, but barring that you'd be fine with the nailpolish remover looking ones as long as it says 100% acetone. If you do thin your plastic with acetone, I recommend wearing latex or vinyl gloves while you work bc acetone is hell on your hands
-You'll want to use a cosmetic wedge sponge (they're the white wedge shaped ones you get in the makeup section)
-Don't powder between layers but once all your layers are done, powder the whole thing before you peel it off the redhead. You may also want to wax and powder the head before you start.
-you'll want to do 3-4 layers and then starting about an inch from the edge of the first set of layers do another 5-6 layers (so the edge will be thinner than the rest of the cap and get you a cleaner blend when you apply it). You should probably use a permanent marker to draw the edge of the cap onto your redhead because the first few layers will be hard to see. And be careful when you take it off the head because those edges will be delicate

Hope that helps. Good luck

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back