DarthChrisDK's Blade Runner Collection (Tome Worldcon Edition added)

DarthChrisDK

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello.

I thought it would be easier for myself and for anyone interested, if I simply set up my own space in which I can share my personal collection and the development of it.
I always had a fascination of Blade Runner, but I guess what really sparked things for me was when I got the latest Tomenosuke blaster (2049). So now the journey has begun, and I am constantly on the look-out for more items to add to my collection of BR related props and whatnot.

So I guess I have to start somewhere. I could start years back, but I've decided to keep things current. So below I'll post my latest shots of some of my stuff.

Below is my Tomenosuke Blaster 2049 (assembled version) along with my recently purchased leather holster made by Karl from skin-job.com. I had to wet-form the holster myself. I finished it off by adding some beeswax to protect the leather.

IMG_8226.jpg IMG_8228.jpg IMG_8232.jpg IMG_8233.jpg

Below is my id cards and police badges. All of which, I found on eBay. I actually ended up with two badges. They are, however, more or less identical. One of the id cards is plastic, and has content on both sides. The other is laminated paper. They look quite different. The plan is to get a bi-fold/tri-fold wallet. I'll probably decide at that time which one to use. Depending on which looks better behind the id window in the wallet.

IMG_8237.jpg IMG_8239.jpg IMG_8241.jpg IMG_8249.jpg

I am still looking for other stuff. I want to add more curiosities to the wallet. I'd like to get the whisky glasses. I also plan on making a display shelf in my collection room dedicated to Blade Runner. With a poster as backdrop. So I am looking for a suitable wooden shelf I can mount on my wall. Something in the vein of Blade Runner, of course.

I also made a video featuring the blaster itself. Basically an unboxing and review of it. I have linked it once in a different thread, but I guess there's a good chance you've missed that. So I'll add the video below as well.

Of course, if you have any comments, questions, suggestions or feedback. I'm always interested in hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DarthChrisDK's Blade Runner Collection (in progress)

TFS you precious photos with us;) Love your wallet and the badge (no badge in the movie, but it seems that fan base made wallets have the badge). Did you visit Propsummit also?

TFS you precious photos with us;) Love your wallet and the badge (no badge in the movie, but it seems that fan base made wallets have the badge). Did you visit Propsummit also?

My pleasure! Yea, I realize the badge is really just an expanded fantasy. But it really adds to the feeling of the pieces, I find.
Yea, I am also over at Propsummit - an overwhelming place! :) Very, very inspiring too.

Ahh, all the Tome's popping up on the forums are making me so jealous! One day..

Love the finish of the holster. I had one of these(just recently sold) and know what that original color looked like.

I really dig your worn in look with the perfect fading on the raised areas. Stellar, mate :thumbsup

Love the look of that holster. Used but well cared for.

Ahh, all the Tome's popping up on the forums are making me so jealous! One day..

Love the finish of the holster. I had one of these(just recently sold) and know what that original color looked like.

I really dig your worn in look with the perfect fading on the raised areas. Stellar, mate :thumbsup

Haha, yes. A lot of new owners. :) Hope that you'll be one too, one day. :)
I do prefer the worned look. It's a part of the BR aesthetic that things look worn, I think.

Love the look of that holster. Used but well cared for.

Thanks a lot! :)

Here's a few new shots. I got the LAPD-wallet off of eBay. It's not 100% but it will do the job for now.
I'm waiting for some of the contents to arrive. Then I'll do an update.

Edit: Uploaded some smaller versions. Just to make the images load fast.

IMG_8704_small.jpg IMG_8706_small.jpg
IMG_8709_small.jpg IMG_8710_small.jpg

Last edited:

Looking very good...and be careful, it's addictive;)

Thanks! Haha, yes, I know. But I really enjoy this. I have collected statues for years, but this is a whole different way of collecting. It's way more fun than just ordering something from a webshop. Instead I'm looking all sorts of places for stuff that will enrich my collection. Very enjoyable and really true to the term "collecting". :)

I would guess that they are close in terms of quality. Going by only the pics, mine seems to have slightly bigger measurements. The Steinschneider seems to sit more narrowly and seems smaller. Which one is more accurate I wouldn't be able to say. The photos of the original are scarce and hard to conclude much from.

In any case, I would have no worry ordering the Steinschneier one. It looks awesome. I went with the skin-job one mainly because he is UK-based.

In any case, I would have no worry ordering the Steinschneier one. It looks awesome. I went with the skin-job one mainly because he is UK-based.

The holsters on Phil Steinschneider's site are also supplied by Karl Derrick (skin-job). He has made several versions over the years including the soft-touch type with the webbing across the gap and the sprung screen-accurate ones on Phil's site which are available in standard or premium version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the info. That's good to know. The product photos differ a bit from mine, but obviously it's a product that has been revised and improved over time - so I'd only take them as indicative. Thanks!

So excited for the new movie. Only a couple of days left until I get to see it.
So here's a new shot of my Tome just in celebration of this, likely awesome, movie.

IMG_8782.jpg

Here's a little update on my end.
- Ordered the NECA wood horse figure
- Ordered the Vladimir Nabovok Pale Fire book (cos why not!)

Also, for my display, I've edited that photo of Rachael which I will have framed. Ordered some in 10 cm and some in 15 cm just to be sure. Below you can see the crop that I made and also the scene that it is taken from. I think this could be a cool addition to my display - which I still need to set up.

Still need to find a fitting frame to the photo. Not sure what the actual finish is.

22396709_10154932821268144_1630851407_o.jpg

attachment.png

How much did the holster set you back if you don't mind me asking? also UK based and looking at purchasing his for my Tomen.

Hi guys!
I just wanted to post that I contacted Chris to ask where he got his metal badge, since I couldn't find these anywhere, and he offered to sell me his spare badge.
Thanks a lot Chris, it arrived and is a great addition to my wallet! Keep collecting, my Blade Runner collection keeps growing as well. :thumbsup

Cheers!
Xhiwar

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back