US to ban replica/toy firearms?...

There is no way that the US will go the way of the UK in the ban of toy guns. We as Americans have always had the ability to to own real guns and I believe will always be able to do so. It is just part of being an American. As far as blaming the "trigger happy cops" put your self in there shoes. What would you do if some one pointed a gun at you? Ask if it is real? Criminals have painted the tips of real guns orange in an attempt to fool the officers that it is a fake gun. Then you have people painting them in toy gun fashion. If some one points a gun at you and you are a police officer you better shoot or you are not going home!

Most gun fights last 3 seconds and take place within 10 ft, then factor in tunnel vision and adrenaline. Take the threat serious until you find otherwise.

There's already too many laws to prtect dumbasses. Just tell everyone that if you wave a gun around outdoors without a valid reason you get your ass shot. End of story.

In England since there are so few guns the fake ones are probably less of a problem, because the chances of it being real are less. In the US their is a greater chance of anything being real and police usually don't have time to second guess. You need to teach your Kids that when a cop yells "freeze...Drop it" you do what they say. Not point it at him saying "but it ain't real".

F--K 'EM!:angry:angry:angry

I mean COME ON! No matter what the hell they ban, those who are willing to go to extremes to commit crime will ALWAYS find something to kill with. (I.E. Baseball bats, chairs, pens/pencils, silverware, wire, glass/plastic shards, hammers, nails, saws, drills, darts, cabinet chemicals, and if it came down to it, teeth, hands, and feet. Does that mean we should ban these too? What a bunch of c---s---ers) See? Those b----rds will fail horribly in their pursuit to "protect" people when in fact they're slowly killing us one by one by not going after the criminal but instead going after the inanimate objects that are merely the tools they use to kill us. Sure a ban will inconvenience the bad guy, but it sure as hell wont stop his intentions, and it will be our downfall as a good, honest, group of responsible citizens if we cant protect ourselves nor have fun collecting and, occasionally, safely shooting these things in our spare time. Such a waste people, a BIG one. I agree, a public service announcement would be a much better way to go. Educating the people is better than snatching their stuff away right under their noses anyday.

It isn't about them being used in a crime. it is about the cops being sued if they shoot somebody with a replica, Or get arrested going to trooping event. Something that criminals will end up exploiting. It is a law to take away one person's freedoms to protect another's stupidity. Remember if the UK can lobby to keep airsoft guns legal, we could do the same with movie prop replicas. I don't think there is an epidemic of wrongful shootings, but most people see one as too many. Responsibility on our part is very important. Also remember, this is an underground hobby and is unlikely to get public support without legitimate companies like Master Replicas getting involved. I know this is supposed to be a hypothetical, but some states have already got the ball rolling on this. I also don't think they will go house to house to try and get rid of these guns, they will just arrest you when you bring it out in public and try and sell them.

Last edited:
Would'nt even be an issue if the U.S. did'nt have trigger happy cops.

Well if said bonehead would of just done what the cop told said bonehead to do in the first place im sure said bonehead would still be alive. Key thing is do what the cop says and 9 times out of 10 youll be alright, common sense; he has a gun you dont.

I have lots of friends that are cops, and ive lost two of them to boneheads because they them selfs were not trigger happy. My friends would still be alive to go home if they were trigger happy, but they gave someone a chance and paid for it. Me on the other hand, well im no cop but I know for a fact im trigger happy when it comes down to me or the bad guy.

The bill will never pass, and real guns should not be painted like fake ones. I cant even think of doing that to any of my real ones, paid way to much for the real ones just to make them look fake or add style to them. But they do look cool.

Cops are trained very well NOT to be trigger happy. At the same time they arent going to sit there and get shot to see if the person's gun is a fake or not.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back